Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > toolbars?....

toolbars?....

fido

Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
please.

Toolman Tim

fido wrote:
> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
> starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
> please.

Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

fido wrote:
> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
> starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
> please.

Control Panel, Add/Remove software

Toolman Tim

Rgr wrote:
> fido wrote:
>> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in
>> the starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop
>> space..help please.

> Control Panel, Add/Remove software

Dang - beat me to it by mere seconds <g>

trout

Toolman Tim wrote:

> Rgr wrote:
>> fido wrote:
>>> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in
>>> the starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop
>>> space..help please.

>> Control Panel, Add/Remove software

> Dang - beat me to it by mere seconds <g>

On 'this' server, yours appears first, in an almost dead heat.
--
Ties will be decided by irresponsible gunplay.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

trout wrote:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>

>>Rgr wrote:

>>>Control Panel, Add/Remove software

>>Dang - beat me to it by mere seconds <g>

> On 'this' server, yours appears first, in an almost dead heat.

I'm ahead two to one now.

fido

Toolman Tim wrote:
> fido wrote:
>
>>Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
>>starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
>>please.

> Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.

Thanks for the reply...that removes the Yahoo toolbar, would of liked to
of had the option to select or deselect the toolbar...have to decide
whether I want to uninstall Google toolbar or not...seems like I should
be able to select them in or out.. believe I used to be able to.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

fido wrote:
> Toolman Tim wrote:
>
>> fido wrote:
>>
>>> Cannot deselect Google and Yahoo toolbars... and don't see them in the
>>> starup tab in MSCONFIG..tired of them using up my desktop space..help
>>> please.

>> Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.
>>

> Thanks for the reply...that removes the Yahoo toolbar, would of liked to
> of had the option to select or deselect the toolbar...have to decide
> whether I want to uninstall Google toolbar or not...seems like I should
> be able to select them in or out.. believe I used to be able to.

Would it be safe to assume you've looked at View > Toolbars and
deselected there?

Plato

Toolman Tim wrote:

> Dang - beat me to it by mere seconds <g>

This post, and your orginal and roger original all show 20:12 here. A
triple header.

fido

Rgr wrote:
> fido wrote:
>
>> Toolman Tim wrote:

>>> Control panel, Add/Remove programs. Uninstall them.
>>>

>> Thanks for the reply...that removes the Yahoo toolbar, would of liked to
>> of had the option to select or deselect the toolbar...have to decide
>> whether I want to uninstall Google toolbar or not...seems like I
>> should be able to select them in or out.. believe I used to be able to.

> Would it be safe to assume you've looked at View > Toolbars and
> deselected there?

Yes,,,whther I click on view or right click the toolbar ..whether I
select or deselect the toolbar makes no difference... that's the problem.