Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Shortcut to Run

Shortcut to Run

Bosco836

I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
Administrator. Thanks

Clued Weasel

On 27 Sep 2005 15:34:30 -0700, "Bosco836" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
>shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
>Administrator. Thanks

Create a shortcut and point it at cmd.exe.

Kenny

Not a Desktop shortcut but WINKEY+R is a quick way of getting to it.

--

Kenny Cargill

"Bosco836" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
> shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
> Administrator. Thanks

Clued Weasel

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:06:22 -0700, Clued Weasel
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 27 Sep 2005 15:34:30 -0700, "Bosco836" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
>>shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
>>Administrator. Thanks

>Create a shortcut and point it at cmd.exe.

Ignore me. Next time I'll try reading the question!

old jon

"Clued Weasel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:06:22 -0700, Clued Weasel
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On 27 Sep 2005 15:34:30 -0700, "Bosco836" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
>>>shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
>>>Administrator. Thanks

>>Create a shortcut and point it at cmd.exe.

Press the Winkey + R on your keyboard.
bw..OJ

Super1776 Super1776 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Bosco836
I was wondering if it is possible, in Windows XP Pro to place a
shortcut to the run command on the desktop. I am running as an
Administrator. Thanks
I am also looking for information about creating a shortcut to "Run" in Windows XP. From the material I have read online the only available solutions are to (A) Copy the shortcut out of the start menu or (B) Forget a shortcut and just use Winkey + R. I would like to find out, if possible, how to create a shortcut to RUN manually; entering an actual string of information in to the "Target" textbox of a shortcut.

gcr16 gcr16 is offline
Junior Member

Hey Folks!

Just found this procedure on the web - hope it helps!

1. Create a text file named Run.js, which contains the following line:

(new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")).FileRun();

2. Right-click Run.js and select "Create shortcut"
3. Right-click the created shortcut and select "Properties"
4. Add "WScript.exe " (Without quotes) to the beginning of "Target:"
5. If wanting to change the icon of the shortcut press "Change Icon" else press "Ok"

Cheers

Gyanesh

whiteWidow whiteWidow is offline
Junior Member

You can simply drag and drop the Run icon from the start menu to wherever you want your shortcut to be created...

xerogod xerogod is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteWidow View Post
You can simply drag and drop the Run icon from the start menu to wherever you want your shortcut to be created...
If your using xp and you have the start menu set to classic you need to change it, you cant drag and drop the run in classic mode.

Run a Ruby script (.rbw) from a dock shortcut in Mac OS X (Leopard)? kpkilburn@gmail.com Ruby 8 03-23-2009 03:09 PM
Shortcut to SP2's "Choose a wireless network" dialog box? =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBBLiBMb3dyeQ==?= Wireless Networking 4 02-14-2008 05:48 PM
Run Windows shortcut Ernesto Python 1 02-03-2006 09:51 PM
Shortcut asks for permission to run Rob J NZ Computing 5 01-24-2006 12:55 AM
Shortcut, And Re-Directing Of Shortcut Quest. ? Robert11 Computer Support 1 12-30-2004 03:13 PM

Advertisments