Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Accessing GMail account from GMail Groups

Accessing GMail account from GMail Groups

Ramkumar

Is there a provision to get in to my gmail account directly logging
into GMail groups.

Mike Easter

Ramkumar wrote:
> Is there a provision to get in to my gmail account directly logging
> into GMail groups.

Yes, there is a little tunnel to get from GG interface to gmail..

If you log into GG, you can go into My Account. In my account, there is
a link to access

Edit Services Info
Gmail
Google Groups

and that link to Gmail will take you into the Preferences section of
your gmail account from which you can also access your Inbox and the
rest of the webmail functionality. You also need to sign out 'twice'
when you go in that way; once from gmail and once from GG.

... but 'normally' ....

When you are a member of GG and sign/log in at
www.google.com/groups/signin that hooks you up with the GG interface
groups.google.com as logged in and the requirements are only that the
joining process involve any working confirmed email address, which can
include a gmail one.

When you are a gmail client and sign/log in at www.google.com/accounts
that hooks you you up with the gmail webmail interface mail.google.com
as logged in and the requirements are that the signin process involves a
working gmail account acquired by the invitation process.

Gmail now allows you to have a different From address than your gmail
account one, but GG 'requires' that the information in My Account GG
displays your email in the From. You can change the first, last, and
nick name, but the addy isn't an option. So, the gmailer's address
shows in the GG From, as yours does.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Ramkumar wrote:
> Is there a provision to get in to my gmail account directly logging
> into GMail groups.

You can also sign in 'generically' to google 'services' here:

https://www.google.com/accounts/Login

There are links there to information about google accounts, including
the fact that another way to get a gmail invitation besides having a
gmail friend or public 'begging' is to have a cellphone number.

--
Mike Easter

Groups of groups with PIX. AM Cisco 2 01-31-2006 04:37 PM
getting values from URL such as http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?q=parameters+url+asp.net&start=10&hl=en&lr=& anonymous ASP .Net 1 05-08-2005 03:58 PM
accessing gmail account via POP3 Phil Tomson Ruby 3 04-05-2005 09:14 PM
Windows groups, VPN groups, and SecureACS John Sasso Cisco 0 10-02-2004 03:39 PM
Reading membership of groups (including nested groups) Petra Hübner ASP .Net 0 02-16-2004 07:07 PM

Advertisments