Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > BLOCK statement and CONFIGURATION

BLOCK statement and CONFIGURATION

andy

I am coding an architecture wth a block statement

ARCHITERCURE struct OF myent IS

BEGIN
b1: BLOCK IS

i_comp1: conmp1
PORT MAP (....)
BEGIN

END;

END struct;

and I cannot conmpile such

CONFIGURATION myent_struct_conf OF myent
FOR i_comp1: comp1
USE CONFIGURATION work.comp1_conf
END FOR;
END CONFIGURATION;

It seems I am doing worng when accessing components which are
istantiated inside blocks ...
I also tried unsuccessfully something like
b1. FOR i_comp1: comp1

thanks in advance

Mike Treseler

andy wrote:
> I am coding an architecture wth a block statement

If this isn't homework,
then
consider using processes
or entity instances instead of blocks;
else
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=vh...tatement+begin
end if; -- Mike Treseler

Ralf Hildebrandt

andy wrote:

> ARCHITERCURE struct OF myent IS

> BEGIN
> b1: BLOCK IS
>
> i_comp1: conmp1
> PORT MAP (....)
> BEGIN
>
> END;
>
> END struct;
>
> and I cannot conmpile such
>
> CONFIGURATION myent_struct_conf OF myent
> FOR i_comp1: comp1
> USE CONFIGURATION work.comp1_conf
> END FOR;
> END CONFIGURATION;

The block statement has to be considered:
http://www.microlab.ch/courses/vlsi/...76_1.HTM#1.3.1

So (without testing it) the following should be o.k.:

CONFIGURATION myent_struct_conf OF myent
FOR b1:
FOR i_comp1: comp1
USE CONFIGURATION work.comp1_conf
END FOR;