Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE could not be started - please help

OE could not be started - please help

r_mervart

OE6, Win98SE. I am having lately problem starting OE , get message: " OE
could not be started. The application was unable to open OE message store.
Your computer may be out of memory or disk is full. Contact Microsoft
support for further assistance ( 0x8007000E)
When I click OK the I get a message " OE could not be started because
MSOE.DLL could not be initialised. OE may not be installed correctly."
My OE store is on a second HD,which is not full and neither is the main HD.
There is enough installed memory and I was not running anything else apart
from IE at the same time.

I am concerned that it is now happening too often and that I may loose
access altogether. Could you give me any advise as to what to do next/

Thanks
Roman

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

r_mervart wrote:
> OE6, Win98SE. I am having lately problem starting OE , get message: " OE
> could not be started. The application was unable to open OE message store.
> Your computer may be out of memory or disk is full. Contact Microsoft
> support for further assistance ( 0x8007000E)
> When I click OK the I get a message " OE could not be started because
> MSOE.DLL could not be initialised. OE may not be installed correctly."
> My OE store is on a second HD,which is not full and neither is the main HD.
> There is enough installed memory and I was not running anything else apart
> from IE at the same time.
>
> I am concerned that it is now happening too often and that I may loose
> access altogether. Could you give me any advise as to what to do next/

This does not describe your problem *exactly* but is pretty damn close.
See if you see something there that helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q296969&

r_mervart

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> r_mervart wrote:
> > OE6, Win98SE. I am having lately problem starting OE , get message: "

OE
> > could not be started. The application was unable to open OE message

store.
> > Your computer may be out of memory or disk is full. Contact Microsoft
> > support for further assistance ( 0x8007000E)
> > When I click OK the I get a message " OE could not be started because
> > MSOE.DLL could not be initialised. OE may not be installed correctly."
> > My OE store is on a second HD,which is not full and neither is the main

HD.
> > There is enough installed memory and I was not running anything else

apart
> > from IE at the same time.
> >
> > I am concerned that it is now happening too often and that I may loose
> > access altogether. Could you give me any advise as to what to do next/

> This does not describe your problem *exactly* but is pretty damn close.
> See if you see something there that helps:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;q296969&

Yes, very similar if not identical messages, but I still have Win98SE and
OE6 rather than OE5.5. Nevertheless it points to problem OE seems
to be having (sometimes) in finding the actual OE store which I keep
and always did on a second HD. I hope the second HD is not faltering
and thus preventing access.
Roman

Gurminder

It might be that the capacity of ur inbox has reached its level. the maximum
capacity upto which the inbox can be filled up is 2 GB. If that is the case
then remove the inbox from its respective folder present under identities
and then start outlook express and i hope that it would work but then u will
loose the mails already present in the older inbox. U can try imorting mails
from the "moved" Inbox.

"r_mervart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4GzYe.2743$(E-Mail Removed)...
> OE6, Win98SE. I am having lately problem starting OE , get message: " OE
> could not be started. The application was unable to open OE message store.
> Your computer may be out of memory or disk is full. Contact Microsoft
> support for further assistance ( 0x8007000E)
> When I click OK the I get a message " OE could not be started because
> MSOE.DLL could not be initialised. OE may not be installed correctly."
> My OE store is on a second HD,which is not full and neither is the main
> HD.
> There is enough installed memory and I was not running anything else apart
> from IE at the same time.
>
> I am concerned that it is now happening too often and that I may loose
> access altogether. Could you give me any advise as to what to do next/
>
> Thanks
> Roman

r_mervart

"Gurminder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dh2v85$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "r_mervart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4GzYe.2743$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > OE6, Win98SE. I am having lately problem starting OE , get message: "

OE
> > could not be started. The application was unable to open OE message

store.
> > Your computer may be out of memory or disk is full. Contact Microsoft
> > support for further assistance ( 0x8007000E)
> >

> It might be that the capacity of ur inbox has reached its level. the

maximum
> capacity upto which the inbox can be filled up is 2 GB. If that is the

case
> then remove the inbox from its respective folder present under identities
> and then start outlook express and i hope that it would work but then u

will
> loose the mails already present in the older inbox. U can try imorting

mails
> from the "moved" Inbox.

Is it not good enough just simply remove the messages (as I can still open
the OE on most occasions? This is what i have just done.
I had quite a lot of messages going back more than a year in Inbox and Sent
folders which I have now reduced to a minimum.

Roman

trout

r_mervart wrote:

> "Gurminder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dh2v85$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "r_mervart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:4GzYe.2743$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> OE6, Win98SE. I am having lately problem starting OE , get
>>> message: " OE could not be started. The application was unable to
>>> open OE message store. Your computer may be out of memory or disk
>>> is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance (
>>> 0x8007000E)
>>>

> > It might be that the capacity of ur inbox has reached its level.

> the maximum
>> capacity upto which the inbox can be filled up is 2 GB. If that is
>> the case then remove the inbox from its respective folder present
>> under identities and then start outlook express and i hope that it
>> would work but then u will loose the mails already present in the
>> older inbox. U can try imorting mails from the "moved" Inbox.

> Is it not good enough just simply remove the messages (as I can still
> open the OE on most occasions? This is what i have just done.
> I had quite a lot of messages going back more than a year in Inbox
> and Sent folders which I have now reduced to a minimum.
>
> Roman

*If* the problem is just with the inbox you could just move the
messqges you want to keep to another folder (of course, you can create
new ones in OE for this purpose), close OE, and then just delete the
empty Inbox.
A new one will be created when you next open OE.
--
Always keep the default folders lean.

r_mervart

news:433521fd$0$35434$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> r_mervart wrote:
>
> > "Gurminder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:dh2v85$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "r_mervart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:4GzYe.2743$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>>
> > > It might be that the capacity of ur inbox has reached its level.

> > the maximum
> >> capacity upto which the inbox can be filled up is 2 GB. If that is
> >> the case then remove the inbox from its respective folder present
> >> under identities and then start outlook express and i hope that it
> >> would work but then u will loose the mails already present in the
> >> older inbox. U can try imorting mails from the "moved" Inbox.

> > Is it not good enough just simply remove the messages (as I can still
> > open the OE on most occasions? This is what i have just done.
> > I had quite a lot of messages going back more than a year in Inbox
> > and Sent folders which I have now reduced to a minimum.
> >
> > Roman

> *If* the problem is just with the inbox you could just move the
> messqges you want to keep to another folder (of course, you can create
> new ones in OE for this purpose), close OE, and then just delete the
> empty Inbox.
> A new one will be created when you next open OE.
> --
> Always keep the default folders lean.

I have moved most messages either to a "Hold" folder or deleted but
did not go as far as removing all and deleting and recreating Inbox.
Is that necessary?
Roman

trout

r_mervart wrote:

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:433521fd$0$35434$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
>> r_mervart wrote:
>>
>>> "Gurminder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:dh2v85$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> the maximum
>>>
>>> Is it not good enough just simply remove the messages (as I can
>>> still open the OE on most occasions? This is what i have just done.
>>> I had quite a lot of messages going back more than a year in Inbox
>>> and Sent folders which I have now reduced to a minimum.
>>>
>>> Roman

>> *If* the problem is just with the inbox you could just move the
>> messqges you want to keep to another folder (of course, you can
>> create new ones in OE for this purpose), close OE, and then just
>> delete the empty Inbox.
>> A new one will be created when you next open OE.
>> --
>> Always keep the default folders lean.
>>

> I have moved most messages either to a "Hold" folder or deleted but
> did not go as far as removing all and deleting and recreating Inbox.
> Is that necessary?
> Roman

Are you still experiencing problems? It *would* be necessary if you
are, and the problem is a corrupted Inbox. But, once the messages are
moved, there is no risk in trying. Also, compact your folders.
--
Work your way through the 'most likely', until your problem is solved.

r_mervart

news:43356531$0$39416$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> r_mervart wrote:
>
> > "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:433521fd$0$35434$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...

> >> *If* the problem is just with the inbox you could just move the
> >> messqges you want to keep to another folder (of course, you can
> >> create new ones in OE for this purpose), close OE, and then just
> >> delete the empty Inbox.
> >> A new one will be created when you next open OE.
> >> --
> >> Always keep the default folders lean.
> >>

> > I have moved most messages either to a "Hold" folder or deleted but
> > did not go as far as removing all and deleting and recreating Inbox.
> > Is that necessary?
> > Roman

> Are you still experiencing problems? It *would* be necessary if you
> are, and the problem is a corrupted Inbox. But, once the messages are
> moved, there is no risk in trying. Also, compact your folders.
> --
> Work your way through the 'most likely', until your problem is solved.

OK, thanks. After drastically reducing the size of the Inbox I did not have
that problem back yet. I will also do the compacting.
Roman