Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > reset ink levels for Dell printer

reset ink levels for Dell printer

Hot Meal

Hi,

I had my Dell cartridge refilled rather than buying from Dell.
How can I reset the ink level to full?

It still says that I am low on my colour cartridge, which is a false
reading. The error message remains.
I tried uninstalling the printer and then re-installing but it still detects
the old ink levels...

It is a Dell 922 All-In-One.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide.

Maybe

Hot Meal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had my Dell cartridge refilled rather than buying from Dell.
> How can I reset the ink level to full?
>
> It still says that I am low on my colour cartridge, which is a false
> reading. The error message remains.
> I tried uninstalling the printer and then re-installing but it still detects
> the old ink levels...
>
> It is a Dell 922 All-In-One.
>
> Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide.

You may find some comfort in knowing that I've researched this subject a
wee bit. See my header dated 9/15 at about 4 p.m. Let me know if you
find better information.

don ward

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Hot Meal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had my Dell cartridge refilled rather than buying from Dell.
> How can I reset the ink level to full?

You may be interested to know that the Dell, HP and others do not
measure the level of the ink in the cartridge!!!
It is an abstract display based on the number of pages printed not
amount of ink in cartridge...
I refill mine all time by drilling a small hole in the top front of the
ink cartridge to insert the refill needle and about ever 50-100 pages i
squirt a syringe full of ink into the appropriate color holes.
Mine keeps telling me im out of ink LOL but has been printing out of
ink for at least 3-4 months.
Hope this helps

dnw

Maybe

don ward wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Hot Meal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I had my Dell cartridge refilled rather than buying from Dell.
>>How can I reset the ink level to full?

> You may be interested to know that the Dell, HP and others do not
> measure the level of the ink in the cartridge!!!
> It is an abstract display based on the number of pages printed not
> amount of ink in cartridge...
> I refill mine all time by drilling a small hole in the top front of the
> ink cartridge to insert the refill needle and about ever 50-100 pages i
> squirt a syringe full of ink into the appropriate color holes.
> Mine keeps telling me im out of ink LOL but has been printing out of
> ink for at least 3-4 months.
> Hope this helps
>
> dnw

Yeah, Don, it does help. It would be nice, however, to no longer get
that irritating pop-up. My last purchase of ink from Dell cost me more
than the printer originally cost. But the printer is a good one!