Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problems with new soundboard!!!

Problems with new soundboard!!!

jakob325@hotmail.com

Hello!!! After having troubles with the built-in sound-card in my
mainboard I bought the Soundblaster live 24bit soundcard.However, for
some reason, the computer gives me error-messages saying that the
drivers haven't been installed.

Here's what I've done so far:
*uninstalled the old-sound drivers and the built-soundboard in windows
*disabled the old sound-card in the Bios
*installed the latest drivers for my new card from Soundblasters
homepage

Nothing seems to help, the computer doesn't find the drivers despite
the fact that they have been installed. The only thing I havent tried
that I thought about is to put the new soundcard in another PCI slot.
There doesn't seem to be any conflicts... Has anyone any solution(s)???

My system:

MainboardlatiniX 2E/800 Pro-6Al
Processorentium (R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHZ, 512 MB RAM
OS:Windows XP SP2

Trax

|>Hello!!! After having troubles with the built-in sound-card in my
|>mainboard I bought the Soundblaster live 24bit soundcard.However, for
|>some reason, the computer gives me error-messages saying that the
|>drivers haven't been installed.
|>
|>Here's what I've done so far:
|>*uninstalled the old-sound drivers and the built-soundboard in windows
|>*disabled the old sound-card in the Bios
|>*installed the latest drivers for my new card from Soundblasters
|>homepage
|>
|>Nothing seems to help, the computer doesn't find the drivers despite
|>the fact that they have been installed. The only thing I havent tried
|>that I thought about is to put the new soundcard in another PCI slot.
|>There doesn't seem to be any conflicts... Has anyone any solution(s)???

Start\Run msinfo32 <enter>
Look at the IRQ's and make sure the sound card has one and the status
is OK.

If not you need to fix it, somehow.

-Andy-

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello!!! After having troubles with the built-in sound-card in my
> mainboard I bought the Soundblaster live 24bit soundcard.However, for
> some reason, the computer gives me error-messages saying that the
> drivers haven't been installed.
>
> Here's what I've done so far:
> *uninstalled the old-sound drivers and the built-soundboard in windows
> *disabled the old sound-card in the Bios
> *installed the latest drivers for my new card from Soundblasters
> homepage
>
> Nothing seems to help, the computer doesn't find the drivers despite
> the fact that they have been installed. The only thing I havent tried
> that I thought about is to put the new soundcard in another PCI slot.
> There doesn't seem to be any conflicts... Has anyone any solution(s)???
>
> My system:
>
> MainboardlatiniX 2E/800 Pro-6Al
> Processorentium (R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHZ, 512 MB RAM
> OS:Windows XP SP2

Install the Original drivers that came on the CD with the soundcard First.