Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 1 second sound delay when burning dvd's

1 second sound delay when burning dvd's

Fireball

Sometimes but not all the time when I burn a dvd the sound is not in
sync with the lips...like a one or two second delay. I use nerovision
6 to burn the dvd's. The avi file will play excellent but when its
composed into the dvd is when the sound issue happens. Not sure what
information you will need so here is what I can think of that might be
of some use.

3.0 ghz pIV processor
1 gig ram
creative soundblaster live value zs sound card
asus radion 9800xt video card

Thanks for any help

Fireball wrote:

> Sometimes but not all the time when I burn a dvd the sound is not in
> sync with the lips...like a one or two second delay. I use nerovision
> 6 to burn the dvd's. The avi file will play excellent but when its
> composed into the dvd is when the sound issue happens. Not sure what
> information you will need so here is what I can think of that might be
> of some use.
>

> 3.0 ghz pIV processor
> 1 gig ram
> creative soundblaster live value zs sound card
> asus radion 9800xt video card
>

> Thanks for any help

Most good software have facilities for correcting DVDs with sound
out of sync with video. Its not an uncommon problem as
it take CPU horsepower to decrypt and play video.
You can try Movix liveCD (open source and free) if you
can't find any good software that does this.
http://www.livecdlist.com/

Fireball

Yea its not a problem watching the dvd on the computer as I can adjust
that, however you cant do that with a home dvd player and thats where
the problem comes in. I had rather watch my movie on the big screen
instead of the computer screen