Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ugly Americans starting to look better

Ugly Americans starting to look better

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

clot

Rgr wrote:
> http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_478609.htm

Sadly, I find this too reminicent of UK football louts ("fans")
attending international matches and UK youffs on holiday in the Med.

SgtMinor

clot wrote:
> Rgr wrote:
>> http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_478609.htm

> Sadly, I find this too reminicent of UK football louts ("fans")
> attending international matches and UK youffs on holiday in the Med.

"And then some adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs
and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy bandy-legged wop waiters called
Manuel and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman Remains
to buy cherryade and melted ice cream and bleeding Watney's Red Barrel
and one evening you visit the so called typical restaurant with local
colour and atmosphere and you sit next to a party from Rhyl who keep
singing "Torremolinos, torremolinos" and complaining about the food -
"It's so greasy isn't it?" - and you get cornered by some drunken
greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic camera and Dr. Scholl sandals
and last Tuesday's Daily Express and he drones on and on about how Mr.
Smith should be running this country and how many languages Enoch Powell
can speak and then he throws up over the Cuba Libres."

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/package.htm

clot

SgtMinor wrote:
> clot wrote:
>> Rgr wrote:
>>> http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_478609.htm

>> Sadly, I find this too reminicent of UK football louts ("fans")
>> attending international matches and UK youffs on holiday in the Med.
>>

> "And then some adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white
> legs and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy bandy-legged wop waiters
> called Manuel and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman
> Remains to buy cherryade and melted ice cream and bleeding Watney's
> Red Barrel and one evening you visit the so called typical restaurant
> with local colour and atmosphere and you sit next to a party from
> Rhyl who keep singing "Torremolinos, torremolinos" and complaining
> about the food - "It's so greasy isn't it?" - and you get cornered by
> some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic camera and Dr.
> Scholl sandals and last Tuesday's Daily Express and he drones on and
> on about how Mr. Smith should be running this country and how many
> languages Enoch Powell can speak and then he throws up over the Cuba
> Libres."
> http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/package.htm

I thank you for that. It's now in my Favorites