Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NTVDM

NTVDM

Luke O'Malley

When I try to use regedit the below msg comes up. You are offered
the option to 'Close' or 'Ignore'. You can actually only close.

From what I have been able to find, it seems it is related to 16
programs running on the system -no cure.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedit.com
"The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
C5:00cf IP:0656 OP:fe ac 06 d9 02 Choose 'Close' to terminate the
application.

Goodwill,
Luke

pcbutts1

Regedit.com is not a valid windows file, You have a virus. The correct
command is regedit.exe and that file should be located in your c:\windows
folder. Make sure you have regedit.exe in the windows folder then delete the
regedit.com from the system32 folder. Update your antivirus software, do a
complete scan. Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
to see it not them.

HijackThis

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1wHWe.3081$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to use regedit the below msg comes up. You are offered
> the option to 'Close' or 'Ignore'. You can actually only close.
>
> From what I have been able to find, it seems it is related to 16
> programs running on the system -no cure.
>

> C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedit.com
> "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
> C5:00cf IP:0656 OP:fe ac 06 d9 02 Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> application.
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

Luke O'Malley

In article l4IWe.2624$(E-Mail Removed),
"pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
-->
-->
-->Regedit.com is not a valid windows file, You have a virus. The
-->correct
-->command is regedit.exe and that file should be located in your
-->c:\windows
-->folder. Make sure you have regedit.exe in the windows folder then
-->delete the
-->regedit.com from the system32 folder.

Done

Update your antivirus
-->software, do a
-->complete scan.

Pending

Download, install, update and run all of the
-->following.
-->
-->Ad-Aware
-->http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
-->

Running Now

-->Spybot search and destroy
-->http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Downloaded
-->
-->Ewido Security Suite Trial version
-->http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe

Downloaded
-->
-->Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
-->http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...yId=321CD7A2-6
-->A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

Pending

-->
-->If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this,
-->run it, save
-->a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this
-->group so that
-->I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it
-->elsewhere. I need
-->to see it not them.
-->
-->
-->HijackThis
-->http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip
-->
-->
-->
-->
-->--
-->
-->
-->The best live web video on the internet
-->http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
-->NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
-->See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
-->Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
-->

Many thanks. I will report back.
Goodwill,
Luke
-->
-->
-->"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
-->news:1wHWe.3081$(E-Mail Removed)...
-->> When I try to use regedit the below msg comes up. You are
-->offered
-->> the option to 'Close' or 'Ignore'. You can actually only close.
-->>
[...]

Mr PC Butts1,

You have healed my computer! I am very grateful. It was driving me
crazy - in my case it is just a gentle putt!

Goodwill,
Luke

NTVDM Toolman Tim Computer Support 6 01-09-2006 11:57 PM
ntvdm problem on win2k Al Christians Python 3 04-09-2005 09:15 PM
ntvdm.exe replacement? Henry T Fiddler Computer Support 6 09-05-2004 05:47 PM
The NTVDM CPU has encounterd an illegal instrunction ڻ ASP .Net 0 12-22-2003 05:42 AM
ntvdm.exe T MCSE 0 11-15-2003 10:14 AM

Advertisments