Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > File Sharing XP Pro

File Sharing XP Pro

Star@*.*

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:41:06 GMT, why?

>On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:55:04 GMT, Star@*.* wrote:
>
>star a star , lensman?
>
>>Strange problem??
>>Two computers on local network both XPPro+SP2

><long story snipped>
>
>>Error message
>> \\XPTEST\DedupedFiles is not accessible You might not have permission
>>to use this network resource, Contact the administrator of this server
>>to fing out if you have access rights.
>>
>>Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

>That's your big clue(s) the error text, add the 2nd part of the message
>to 'XP file share' and www.google.com
>

>Web Results 1 - 10 of about 416,000 English pages for
>
>xp file share Not enough server storage is available to process this
>command
>
>.(0.26 seconds)
>
>The 1st hit contains the message you have, both parts.
>
>Me

Thanks but had already tried the google route and looked at a dozen or
so of the cases, register changes and the MS inspired change. Tried a
couple of them before I posted to no avail. The one I didn't try and
probably will not is reinstall SP2. The XP CD is a SP2 CD and just don't
feel like installing the SP2 and the 32 other updates.
Just make no sense to me that it is only one partition with the problem.
All other partitions work AOK.

why?

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:02:02 GMT, Star@*.* wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:41:06 GMT, why?
>

>>On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:55:04 GMT, Star@*.* wrote:
>>
>>star a star , lensman?
>>
>>>Strange problem??
>>>Two computers on local network both XPPro+SP2

>><long story snipped>
>>
>>>Error message
>>> \\XPTEST\DedupedFiles is not accessible You might not have permission
>>>to use this network resource, Contact the administrator of this server
>>>to fing out if you have access rights.
>>>
>>>Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

>>That's your big clue(s) the error text, add the 2nd part of the message
>>to 'XP file share' and www.google.com
>>

>>Web Results 1 - 10 of about 416,000 English pages for
>>
>>xp file share Not enough server storage is available to process this
>>command
>>
>>.(0.26 seconds)
>>
>>The 1st hit contains the message you have, both parts.
>>
>>Me

>Thanks but had already tried the google route and looked at a dozen or
>so of the cases, register changes and the MS inspired change. Tried a

It helps to say that the 1st time.

Admin - Admin accounts?

So the event log ID and message are?

The pagedpoolsize?

>couple of them before I posted to no avail. The one I didn't try and
>probably will not is reinstall SP2. The XP CD is a SP2 CD and just don't

The message is related often to a driver issue. It happenes on NT4 / Win
2000 with network card drivers and others after reapplying a SP over a
newer 3rd party driver, which needs reinstalled after.

>feel like installing the SP2 and the 32 other updates.

I save the updates locally, create a batch file with as many silent /
don't reboot switches as possible. After a clean install it takes only
minutes to do the updates.

>Just make no sense to me that it is only one partition with the problem.
>All other partitions work AOK.

It's the addition of more data / additional share / available resources
maybe?

Me