Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Problem simulating Xilinx CoreGenerator Cores with ModelSim SE 5.8C.

Problem simulating Xilinx CoreGenerator Cores with ModelSim SE 5.8C.

Jeremy Webb

Hi.

I'm having issues simulating my design that uses a Xilinx
CoreGenerator core. I imported the XilinxCoreLib directory, but
ModelSim doesn't recognize the files as a library. Does anyone know if
Xilinx provides a pre-compiled ModelSim library similar to those for
unisim and simprim? Or, has anyone successfully simulated a Xilinx
Core in VHDL, for example a fifo?

Thanks,

Jeremy

jtw

Yes, Xilinx has a simulation library for CoreGen. The quickest way to get
the correct answer would be to look on their web site. (I am at home and
don't have quick access to the directory structure to tell you where to find
what.) Actually, since it seems you've done the same thing with unisim
and/or simprim, you should be able to find the source very quickly. Yhey
are all in the same area; they all use the same command/script--just
different arguments for the compile.

Jason
"Jeremy Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi.
>
> I'm having issues simulating my design that uses a Xilinx
> CoreGenerator core. I imported the XilinxCoreLib directory, but
> ModelSim doesn't recognize the files as a library. Does anyone know if
> Xilinx provides a pre-compiled ModelSim library similar to those for
> unisim and simprim? Or, has anyone successfully simulated a Xilinx
> Core in VHDL, for example a fifo?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy

Jeremy Webb

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jeremy Webb) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi.
>
> I'm having issues simulating my design that uses a Xilinx
> CoreGenerator core. I imported the XilinxCoreLib directory, but
> ModelSim doesn't recognize the files as a library. Does anyone know if
> Xilinx provides a pre-compiled ModelSim library similar to those for
> unisim and simprim? Or, has anyone successfully simulated a Xilinx
> Core in VHDL, for example a fifo?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy

Hi.

Nevermind. I figured it out. To be able to use the Xilinx Core's in
ModelSim SE/PE you have to compile the XilinxCoreLib directory using
COMPXLIB either from the command line or within ISE Project Navigator.
The end result is a new directory with library information that
ModelSim SE/PE can interpret. Once I did this, I was able to simulate
all of my Xilinx cores correctly.

Thanks,

Jeremy

error in using modelsim with xilinx ip cores sanadisan Software 0 05-28-2010 03:51 AM
Xilinx cores with license FP VHDL 2 10-06-2008 02:17 PM
simulating Xilinx cores FPGA VHDL 1 03-13-2008 10:50 PM
How to use Modelsim 6.od for simulating systemc Baskar VHDL 0 03-06-2006 06:02 PM
Simulating VHDL design with ModelSim Modukuri VHDL 7 06-01-2004 08:07 PM

Advertisments