Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Changing extension from .MLJ to .TIF

Changing extension from .MLJ to .TIF

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

I use Win98SE and Multipass fax programme. Some how the extension name
of my faxes changed to .MLJ instead of .TIF with the result I cannot
open the faxes. The faxes are all grey and you cannot read any thing.
But if it is changed to .TIF extension, then it reads.

How do you change the setting in the Multipass programme? I use Canon
Multipass and wrote to Canon people but no reply or help. TERRIBLE
PEOPLE.

Rajinder

Evan Platt

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:40:01 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use Win98SE and Multipass fax programme. Some how the extension name
>of my faxes changed to .MLJ instead of .TIF with the result I cannot
>open the faxes. The faxes are all grey and you cannot read any thing.
>But if it is changed to .TIF extension, then it reads.
>
>How do you change the setting in the Multipass programme? I use Canon
>Multipass and wrote to Canon people but no reply or help. TERRIBLE
>PEOPLE.

Start, run, command <Enter>
change to the directory the files are in, and REN *.MLJ *.TIF <Enter>.

fkasner

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:40:01 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I use Win98SE and Multipass fax programme. Some how the extension name
>>of my faxes changed to .MLJ instead of .TIF with the result I cannot
>>open the faxes. The faxes are all grey and you cannot read any thing.
>>But if it is changed to .TIF extension, then it reads.
>>
>>How do you change the setting in the Multipass programme? I use Canon
>>Multipass and wrote to Canon people but no reply or help. TERRIBLE
>>PEOPLE.

> Start, run, command <Enter>
> change to the directory the files are in, and REN *.MLJ *.TIF <Enter>.

Read again what he wrote! He said he could change the suffix to TIF. You
don't have to tell him how to do that. He wants to know how to make the
FAX program save the fax message files with the TIF suffix so he doesn't
have to do what he already knows how to do and which your poor analysis
tells him to do. Not much help on your part.
FK

Evan Platt

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:21:04 GMT, fkasner <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Read again what he wrote! He said he could change the suffix to TIF. You
>don't have to tell him how to do that. He wants to know how to make the
>FAX program save the fax message files with the TIF suffix so he doesn't
>have to do what he already knows how to do and which your poor analysis
>tells him to do. Not much help on your part.

I read what he wrote. Perhaps I should have gone into more detail.
It's a work around that essentially solves his problem.

My guess is it's a little more help than your post.

And reading his post, I see no indication that his faxes are saved as
MLJ, but that
"Some how the extension name of my faxes changed to .MLJ instead of
..TIF with the result I cannot open the faxes."

Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Hi,

They are saved as MLJ but I want them changed to TIF. Or in future they
should be saved as TIF.

Rajinder

news:(E-Mail Removed)...