Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy

I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy

srizwanh@gmail.com

I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
can anyone tell me the difference between
Pentium Centrino
Pentium 4 HT
Pentium M

Old Gringo

Good Read: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040-5746175.html

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life

Edward W. Thompson

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:40:02 GMT, Old Gringo
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
>> can anyone tell me the difference between
>> Pentium Centrino
>> Pentium 4 HT
>> Pentium M
>>

>Good Read: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040-5746175.html

How does your reference answer the question asked?

Ingeborg

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1126578849.836617.67500
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
> can anyone tell me the difference between
> Pentium Centrino
> Pentium 4 HT
> Pentium M

Pentium Centrino doesn't exist. Intel sells the Centrino platform, which is
basically a chipset/processor (Pentium M) combination, designed for
laptops. Low power consumption, Wifi in the chipset.
Pentium 4 HT is a desktop processor with hyperthreading capabilities, which
is a way to use the processor more efficient by emulating a 2nd processor
which uses the resources not in use by the 1st processor. Not a very good
processor for laptops which have to run on batteries, since it's high power
consuming.
Pentium M is a low power consuming processor, which is designed for
laptops.

Whiskers

On 2005-09-13, Ingeborg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1126578849.836617.67500
> @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
>> I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
>> can anyone tell me the difference between
>> Pentium Centrino
>> Pentium 4 HT
>> Pentium M

snip

> Pentium 4 HT is a desktop processor with hyperthreading capabilities, which
> is a way to use the processor more efficient by emulating a 2nd processor
> which uses the resources not in use by the 1st processor. Not a very good
> processor for laptops which have to run on batteries, since it's high power
> consuming.

I get about 90 - 100 minutes on battery power with this P4HT laptop. But
with its 17" screen it's too big and heavy to carry very far, so it spends
nearly all its time plugged in to the mains and sitting on a table )

You need to decide for yourself whether 'speed' or 'portability' is more
important to you. This machine is effectively a desktop PC that happens to
be very compact and easily moved around, rather than something to carry
about in a bag and use 'anywhere'.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Old Gringo

Edward W. Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:40:02 GMT, Old Gringo
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>I'm going to buy a laptop.I don't which one to buy
>>>can anyone tell me the difference between
>>>Pentium Centrino
>>>Pentium 4 HT
>>>Pentium M
>>>

>>Good Read: http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040-5746175.html

> How does your reference answer the question asked?

Are you a retired English teacher?

--
Old Gringo George
Magic Weaver Of Life
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Trax

Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>Edward W. Thompson wrote:

|>> How does your reference answer the question asked?
|> Are you a retired English teacher?

Just being able to read english; one does wonder why you referenced a
Pentium question to an AMD site.

--

http://media.putfile.com/PurePwnage-WoWisafeeling

Old Gringo

Trax wrote:
> Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> |> Are you a retired English teacher?
>
> Just being able to read english; one does wonder why you referenced a
> Pentium question to an AMD site.

Selection is not limited to Intel, and yours is not to reason why.

--

Trax wrote:
> Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> |> Are you a retired English teacher?
>
> Just being able to read english; one does wonder why you referenced a
> Pentium question to an AMD site.

Hi Pennywise; I don't read headers, only reply to post.

--

Trax wrote:
> Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> |> Are you a retired English teacher?
>
> Just being able to read english; one does wonder why you referenced a
> Pentium question to an AMD site.

PS: Intel.com is just a click away with all the information about
their processors that anyone might ever want to know.