Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > Any idea about generating SAIF files ?

Any idea about generating SAIF files ?

New to Power Analysis

Hi

Is this the correct forum if I want to learn something about writing
forward and backward SAIF files. Is it also correct that these files
are extremely useful while calculating the power that would be
consumed by my design ?

I have more questions, but let me first check if I am at right place.

Thanks
Learning Power Analysis

Jon Beniston

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (New to Power Analysis) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi
>
> Is this the correct forum if I want to learn something about writing
> forward and backward SAIF files. Is it also correct that these files
> are extremely useful while calculating the power that would be
> consumed by my design ?

They are. There is some good information about this in the Design
Compiler documentation.

Cheers,
JonB

new.power.analysis@gmail.com

Thanks for the info, Jon.

But I am stuck aain. I tried googling for this "Design Compiler
Documentation"...
but did not find anything which talked about SAIF. There were a few
articles related
to some scripting and other commands.

Is this available at some specific site/URL ?

Regards

Jon Beniston wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (New to Power Analysis) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > Hi
> >
> > Is this the correct forum if I want to learn something about

writing
> > forward and backward SAIF files. Is it also correct that these

files
> > are extremely useful while calculating the power that would be
> > consumed by my design ?

> They are. There is some good information about this in the Design
> Compiler documentation.
>
> Cheers,
> JonB

Jon Beniston

"(E-Mail Removed)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) oups.com>...
> Thanks for the info, Jon.
>
> But I am stuck aain. I tried googling for this "Design Compiler
> Documentation"...
> but did not find anything which talked about SAIF. There were a few
> articles related
> to some scripting and other commands.
>
> Is this available at some specific site/URL ?

The Synopsys Solvnet web site. You have a license to use their tools
of course. What tools are you trying to do your power analysis with?

Cheers,
Jon