Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Advise needed

Advise needed

greg

A couple of hours ago i orderd an Asus V9999 graphics card now im thinking
is the 400W power supply I got going to be enought to power it. Last time I
changed my card to the geforce 4 I got in now it blew the 300W powersupply i
had last time, am i goin to get a repeat performance?

setup
AMD 2100
Asus mobo
DVDRW drive
CD RW drive
2X HDD
2 case fans + chip fan
USB modem
and the speakers use the power supply as well

SgtMinor

greg wrote:
> A couple of hours ago i orderd an Asus V9999 graphics card now im thinking
> is the 400W power supply I got going to be enought to power it. Last time I
> changed my card to the geforce 4 I got in now it blew the 300W powersupply i
> had last time, am i goin to get a repeat performance?
>
> setup
> AMD 2100
> Asus mobo
> DVDRW drive
> CD RW drive
> 2X HDD
> 2 case fans + chip fan
> USB modem
> and the speakers use the power supply as well

You can do the math here: http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

Blinky the Shark

greg wrote:
> A couple of hours ago i orderd an Asus V9999 graphics card now im thinking
> is the 400W power supply I got going to be enought to power it. Last time I
> changed my card to the geforce 4 I got in now it blew the 300W powersupply i
> had last time, am i goin to get a repeat performance?
>
> setup
> AMD 2100
> Asus mobo
> DVDRW drive
> CD RW drive
> 2X HDD
> 2 case fans + chip fan
> USB modem
> and the speakers use the power supply as well

Here's a starting point. Can't vouch for it, other than to say that
using it my 480W PSU is adequate and it hasn't, in fact, released any
magic smoke yet.

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article...85,pg,2,00.asp

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Blinky the Shark

SgtMinor wrote:
> greg wrote:
>> A couple of hours ago i orderd an Asus V9999 graphics card now im thinking
>> is the 400W power supply I got going to be enought to power it. Last time I
>> changed my card to the geforce 4 I got in now it blew the 300W powersupply i
>> had last time, am i goin to get a repeat performance?
>>
>> setup
>> AMD 2100
>> Asus mobo
>> DVDRW drive
>> CD RW drive
>> 2X HDD
>> 2 case fans + chip fan
>> USB modem
>> and the speakers use the power supply as well
>>

> You can do the math here: http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

Slick! Better than the ballparker I posted a link to.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

greg

TY for the links seems i'll be ok.
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> SgtMinor wrote:
>> greg wrote:
>>> A couple of hours ago i orderd an Asus V9999 graphics card now im
>>> thinking
>>> is the 400W power supply I got going to be enought to power it. Last
>>> time I
>>> changed my card to the geforce 4 I got in now it blew the 300W
>>> powersupply i
>>> had last time, am i goin to get a repeat performance?
>>>
>>> setup
>>> AMD 2100
>>> Asus mobo
>>> DVDRW drive
>>> CD RW drive
>>> 2X HDD
>>> 2 case fans + chip fan
>>> USB modem
>>> and the speakers use the power supply as well
>>>

>> You can do the math here: http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

> Slick! Better than the ballparker I posted a link to.
>
> --
> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
>
> Killing All Posts from GG: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
> End Of The Good GG Archive GUI: http://blinkynet.net/comp/gggui.html

Wireless Network help/advise needed please =?Utf-8?B?cGFmb3M=?= Wireless Networking 1 01-21-2006 05:30 PM
Advise needed re: svchost.exe -k netsvcs george Computer Support 4 05-26-2005 04:09 PM
Advise needed re Olympus Camedia C-3030 Zoom Camera (driver needed) Arawak Computer Support 2 11-18-2004 03:03 PM
advise needed. brian Computer Support 31 05-16-2004 07:42 PM
Advise needed Ling Chung Shum Computer Support 5 06-21-2003 11:36 PM

Advertisments