Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton Internet Security

Norton Internet Security

Jim/Sue Muschany

I am using Norton Internet Security. I just checked the statistics of my
personal firewall and found that my most frequent attacker has the IP
address 206.204.51.133. I Googled that address and found that it is
traceable to security.symantic.com. Does this mean that Norton is attacking
itself?

Duane Arnold

"Jim/Sue Muschany" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h%jVe.234560$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am using Norton Internet Security. I just checked the statistics of
> my personal firewall and found that my most frequent attacker has the
> IP address 206.204.51.133. I Googled that address and found that it is
> traceable to security.symantic.com. Does this mean that Norton is
> attacking itself?

http://www.arin.net/index.html

You can enter the IP into the Whois box and press the Whois button.

Norton attacking itself is good one.

Duane

why?

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:49:49 GMT, Duane Arnold wrote:

>"Jim/Sue Muschany" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:h%jVe.234560$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I am using Norton Internet Security. I just checked the statistics of
>> my personal firewall and found that my most frequent attacker has the
>> IP address 206.204.51.133. I Googled that address and found that it is
>> traceable to security.symantic.com. Does this mean that Norton is
>> attacking itself?
>>

>http://www.arin.net/index.html
>
>You can enter the IP into the Whois box and press the Whois button.
>
>Norton attacking itself is good one.

It will be the popups for 'your dat files are out of date' and the
messenger server 'upgrade as your pc is at risk'.

>Duane

Me

Duane Arnold

why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:49:49 GMT, Duane Arnold wrote:
>
>>"Jim/Sue Muschany" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:h%jVe.234560$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I am using Norton Internet Security. I just checked the statistics of
>>> my personal firewall and found that my most frequent attacker has the
>>> IP address 206.204.51.133. I Googled that address and found that it is
>>> traceable to security.symantic.com. Does this mean that Norton is
>>> attacking itself?
>>>

>>http://www.arin.net/index.html
>>
>>You can enter the IP into the Whois box and press the Whois button.
>>
>>Norton attacking itself is good one.

> It will be the popups for 'your dat files are out of date' and the
> messenger server 'upgrade as your pc is at risk'.
>
>>Duane

> Me

Maybe, those popups will pop in the logs.

Duane