Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > News Readers

News Readers

newbie

Thanks to all,

I am taking all the precautions which you have mentioned.
I have specially liked the quaint way of Blinky the shark in putting the
message across.
I am also using OE quote fix.
Now that you have mentioned I will try to use Thunderbird for e-mail.
As for the newsreader it will be really helpful if you suggest a newsreader
which will be easy to use for a newbie to get a hang on, and also useful for
binary reading.

Regards.

samuel

"newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:dfu000$6dd$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thanks to all,
>
> I am taking all the precautions which you have mentioned.
> I have specially liked the quaint way of Blinky the shark in
> putting the message across.
> I am also using OE quote fix.
> Now that you have mentioned I will try to use Thunderbird for
> e-mail. As for the newsreader it will be really helpful if you
> suggest a newsreader which will be easy to use for a newbie to
> get a hang on, and also useful for binary reading.
>
> Regards.

http://www.newsreaders.com/

for windows ????
http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

group to read
news.software.readers

trout

newbie wrote:

> Thanks to all,
>
> I am taking all the precautions which you have mentioned.
> I have specially liked the quaint way of Blinky the shark in putting
> the message across.
> I am also using OE quote fix.
> Now that you have mentioned I will try to use Thunderbird for e-mail.
> As for the newsreader it will be really helpful if you suggest a
> newsreader which will be easy to use for a newbie to get a hang on,
> and also useful for binary reading.
>
> Regards.

I like OE for text newsgroups, largely because it's what I'm used
to, and works well for me (properly configured, of course).
But when I had to get something else for binary newsgroups, I got
Xnews, and was glad I did. It does all sorts of full-featured things,
but you only need to know a very few to get up and running.
Combines and decodes easily and automatically. It took about ten
minutes from downloading the program to downloading binary posts.
Naturally, you can use it for text as well, if you're not already
'sold' on a different reader.
--
About as easy as it's going to get.

Do DNG readers age like RAW readers/converters?? Davy Digital Photography 1 09-29-2007 07:43 PM
News Readers Luke O'Malley Computer Support 19 01-25-2006 08:03 AM
news readers moi Computer Support 1 09-28-2005 09:34 PM
news readers.. the niner nation Computer Support 6 01-14-2005 06:51 AM
OT: News Readers Sharon HTML 6 02-25-2004 08:11 PM

Advertisments