Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > making mp3 disks and playlist goes screwy

making mp3 disks and playlist goes screwy

English Patient

Using Roxio CD+DVD Easy Creator 6 to make an mp3 disk

4 Terry Prachett stories and over 100 files

Filenames carefully chosen - Times01 -> Times12
Magic01 -> Magic12 etc

ie. not this 01 -> 40 for each story.

Each story in its own directory

Insert the 4 directorys into the project and take a look at the playlist (edit playlist)

Make sure everything is in order, which it is, so OK

After burning I try it out on my mp3-cassette player

And there I find that though each story is separate, the files are in a screwy order,
not as in the mp3-playlist.

I used to have a problem when the first 8 characters of the filenames were identical
ie. color_of_magic_01 getting confused with color_of_magic_02,

but my filenames are now unique in the first 8 characters.

Can anyone suggest a reaon for the fkup.

It could be cheapass disks ( got mine from a supermarket ), but I'm not certain.

EP.

PC

"English Patient" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> snip
> After burning I try it out on my mp3-cassette player
> snip

Sorry got to comment, mp3 on a "Cassette" player !!!!!!!!!!

PeeCee

English Patient

"PC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"English Patient" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> snip
>> After burning I try it out on my mp3-cassette player
>> snip

>Sorry got to comment, mp3 on a "Cassette" player !!!!!!!!!!
>
>PeeCee

Sorry for confusion.

I can play mp3s in 3 ways.
(1) on my computer
(2) portable goodmans mp3 player
and (3) my portable ARTECH mp3 player+radio+cassette player

The disc plays fine on the computer but on both (2) & (3) the order is muddled.
And I checked the burned playlist and it was still in the right order

EP