Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook - Multiple Email Accounts - Sent Items Rules

Outlook - Multiple Email Accounts - Sent Items Rules

Tom

Hi guys,

I have 2 email accounts on my computer: my personal one, and the one I
use for work. When I send email through my personal email, a copy of it
would go to the Sent Items folder, which is fine. But when I send an
email using the work account, how do I make it automatically go to a
folder I created instead of going straight to Sent Items?

Until now, I went into each message's options and changed the "Save sent
messages to" option to the folder I created. But this is tiring as I am
sending many emails per day.

I managed to create a rule to have sent messages from this account be
COPIED to a specific folder, but this requires me to disable the option
"Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" (or "Save sent messages
to" for specific messages) and set up the rule for all email accounts.

This would actually work just fine, but the copied messages would be
marked "Unread" and I'd have to go in and mark them as "Read."

I'm trying to save myself steps.

Using MS Outlook 2002.

Thanks,
Tom.

MrGrumpy

You create a rule, within OL, to move mail to wherever.
or this allows more control.
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi guys,
>
> I have 2 email accounts on my computer: my personal one, and the one I
> use for work. When I send email through my personal email, a copy of it
> would go to the Sent Items folder, which is fine. But when I send an
> email using the work account, how do I make it automatically go to a
> folder I created instead of going straight to Sent Items?
>
> Until now, I went into each message's options and changed the "Save sent
> messages to" option to the folder I created. But this is tiring as I am
> sending many emails per day.
>
> I managed to create a rule to have sent messages from this account be
> COPIED to a specific folder, but this requires me to disable the option
> "Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder" (or "Save sent messages
> to" for specific messages) and set up the rule for all email accounts.
>
> This would actually work just fine, but the copied messages would be
> marked "Unread" and I'd have to go in and mark them as "Read."
>
> I'm trying to save myself steps.
>
> Using MS Outlook 2002.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom.

Tom

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:42:06 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

| You create a rule, within OL, to move mail to wherever.
| or this allows more control.
| http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm

Thanks MrGrumpy.

I'll check out the code. As for the code, as I said, rules for sent
items would just allow me to COPY a message, not move.

Thanks again.

MrGrumpy

Depending how you configured OL, the rules can be set to move, not just copy

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:42:06 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> | You create a rule, within OL, to move mail to wherever.
> | or this allows more control.
> | http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm
>
> Thanks MrGrumpy.
>
> I'll check out the code. As for the code, as I said, rules for sent
> items would just allow me to COPY a message, not move.
>
> Thanks again.

Tom

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:11:47 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

| Depending how you configured OL, the rules can be set to move, not just copy

As a habit, I go through every little option in a program I get. I found
no option that relates to the Sent Items rules.

What did I miss?

Thanks, MrGrumpy.

Tom

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:11:47 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

| Depending how you configured OL, the rules can be set to move, not just copy
|
| "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| news(E-Mail Removed)...
| > On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 09:42:06 GMT, "MrGrumpy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
| >
| > | You create a rule, within OL, to move mail to wherever.
| > | or this allows more control.
| > | http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm
| >
| > Thanks MrGrumpy.
| >
| > I'll check out the code. As for the code, as I said, rules for sent
| > items would just allow me to COPY a message, not move.
| >
| > Thanks again.

The rules screen with the options I get:
http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ccf...o0YMDB.AgN1qmm

(Never tried uploading an image before. Hope this works.)

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Tom
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The rules screen with the options I get:
>
> http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ccf...d.jpg?pho0YMDB.
> AgN1qmm
>
> (Never tried uploading an image before. Hope this works.)

Which redirected me to:
http://phvrf.yahoo.com/users/41ccf3a...__sr_/b4ed.jpg
which server was not found.

rialda rialda is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I had the same problem, i solved it by changing the folder. I think the link mentioned below will solve your problem. Read it and go ahead...

http://blogs.msdn.com/gduthie/archiv...n-outlook.aspx

regards,
Rialda