Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Region DVDs

Region DVDs

Wayne Kerr

All DVDs have a region code.
Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be played
in any dvd player in Europe and America.

I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
player as my daughter is now living in America

cineman

It is possible to alter region settings on dvd playerm but not on the dvd
itself. I think dvdreview website may be of some help.
Do a google search for make and model of dvd player this will throw up
forums with lists of dvd players and means of changing regions which is
normally via the remote control

sorry if this is of little use.
regards
cineman
"Wayne Kerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BoeTe.1446$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All DVDs have a region code.
> Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be played
> in any dvd player in Europe and America.
>
> I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
> laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
> player as my daughter is now living in America

Mitch

In article <BoeTe.1446$(E-Mail Removed)>, Wayne Kerr
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> All DVDs have a region code.
> Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be played
> in any dvd player in Europe and America.
>
> I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
> laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
> player as my daughter is now living in America

Yesterday (which means probably in messages you haven't yet read)
someone clarified that misconception --
apparently you are talking about a piracy tool that bypasses
copy protection code, and therefore has nothing to do with region codes.

Wayne Kerr

No.
My daughter lives in New York.
The accommodation she has gives her a dvd combo dvd region one ( American )
player.

All her dvds are European so she cannot watch her dvds on the T.V.

She can watch her dvds through her laptop using dvd43 but prefers if
possible to watch using the TV.

All I want to know is can I remove the European region code or change the
code on the European region to American region

"Mitch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:060920050117355328%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <BoeTe.1446$(E-Mail Removed)>, Wayne Kerr
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > All DVDs have a region code.
> > Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be

played
> > in any dvd player in Europe and America.
> >
> > I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
> > laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or

European
> > player as my daughter is now living in America

> Yesterday (which means probably in messages you haven't yet read)
> someone clarified that misconception --
> apparently you are talking about a piracy tool that bypasses
> copy protection code, and therefore has nothing to do with region codes.

gangle

"Wayne Kerr" wrote
> No.
> My daughter lives in New York.
> The accommodation she has gives her a dvd combo dvd region one ( American )
> player.
>
> All her dvds are European so she cannot watch her dvds on the T.V.
>
> She can watch her dvds through her laptop using dvd43 but prefers if
> possible to watch using the TV.
>
> All I want to know is can I remove the European region code or change the
> code on the European region to American region

No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
altered.

DB

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 05:20:28 -0700, "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Wayne Kerr" wrote
>> No.
>> My daughter lives in New York.
>> The accommodation she has gives her a dvd combo dvd region one ( American )
>> player.
>>
>> All her dvds are European so she cannot watch her dvds on the T.V.
>>
>> She can watch her dvds through her laptop using dvd43 but prefers if
>> possible to watch using the TV.
>>
>> All I want to know is can I remove the European region code or change the
>> code on the European region to American region

>No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
>code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
>would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
>DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
>altered.

Sorry, but that's rubbish. Many DVD players can be made region free,
or the region changed from the remote control.

What's the make and model of the DVD player?

Wayne Kerr

Apex 20 inch
"DB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 05:20:28 -0700, "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >"Wayne Kerr" wrote
> >> No.
> >> My daughter lives in New York.
> >> The accommodation she has gives her a dvd combo dvd region one (

American )
> >> player.
> >>
> >> All her dvds are European so she cannot watch her dvds on the T.V.
> >>
> >> She can watch her dvds through her laptop using dvd43 but prefers if
> >> possible to watch using the TV.
> >>
> >> All I want to know is can I remove the European region code or change

the
> >> code on the European region to American region

> >No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
> >code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
> >would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
> >DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
> >altered.
> >

> Sorry, but that's rubbish. Many DVD players can be made region free,
> or the region changed from the remote control.
>
> What's the make and model of the DVD player?

DB

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:41:10 GMT, "Wayne Kerr" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Apex 20 inch
>"DB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 05:20:28 -0700, "gangle" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Wayne Kerr" wrote

>American )

>the
>> >
>> >No, not without ripping the DVD (and removing the region
>> >code) to a computer hard drive, and then re-burning, which
>> >would require a dual layer DVD burner. The original
>> >DVDs cannot be altered, and the DVD player cannot be
>> >altered.
>> >

>> Sorry, but that's rubbish. Many DVD players can be made region free,
>> or the region changed from the remote control.
>>
>> What's the make and model of the DVD player?

Will need the actual model number.

bigredfred

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

"Wayne Kerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BoeTe.1446$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All DVDs have a region code.
> Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be played
> in any dvd player in Europe and America.
>
> I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
> laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
> player as my daughter is now living in America

me

"Wayne Kerr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BoeTe.1446$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All DVDs have a region code.
> Is it possible to remove the region code so as to allow a DVD to be played
> in any dvd player in Europe and America.
>
> I know DVD43 will allow for a dvd from another region to be played in a
> laptop but I am looking to allow a dvd to play in an American or European
> player as my daughter is now living in America

A Couple of options.
Use DVD Shrink to rip the movie and burn it to a blank DVD. Shrink can
remove the region code,and allow the backup to be watched normally.
DVD Shrink can be downloaded free at http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/
DVD burner also required.

Someone else here said you need a dual layer DVD burner,which is *******s.
You can use a regular burner as most DVD's can be shrunk to fit on a 4.7GB
disc,hence no need for dual layer.

Another option is to find out the exact model of the DVD player,then go here
:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.ph...&Search=Search
and see if anyone has posted a region-code hack for that machine.If it is a
new model,chances are nobody has yet found a hack for it though.
Sometimes,hacks for similar models work in machines of the same brand.