Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 24hr support - Newsgroup question ?

24hr support - Newsgroup question ?

Joni

Good morning

At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason it
won't
allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.

Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way around it.
?

Thanks for any help.

Joni

trout

Joni wrote:

> Good morning
>
> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason
> it won't
> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
>
> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
> around it. ?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Joni

No, this newsgroup is carried by a great number of news-servers,
world-wide. If the one you use at home doesn't carry it, you can always
mail them, and ask them to add it.
--
Make sure first, that you've downloaded the entire list of available
newsgroups.

Blinky the Shark

Joni wrote:
> Good morning
>
> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason it
> won't
> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
>
> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way around it.
> ?

Did you read the responses you got a couple weeks ago when you asked
this?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Marc Hulsebosch

trout wrote:
> Joni wrote:
>
>> Good morning
>>
>> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
>> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason
>> it won't
>> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
>>
>> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
>> around it. ?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Joni

> No, this newsgroup is carried by a great number of news-servers,
> world-wide. If the one you use at home doesn't carry it, you can always
> mail them, and ask them to add it.

Or go to a free text based newsserver.

Marc

trout

Marc Hulsebosch wrote:

> trout wrote:
>> Joni wrote:
>>
>>> Good morning
>>>
>>> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
>>> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever
>>> reason it won't
>>> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
>>>
>>> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
>>> around it. ?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help.
>>>
>>> Joni

>> No, this newsgroup is carried by a great number of news-servers,
>> world-wide. If the one you use at home doesn't carry it, you can
>> always mail them, and ask them to add it.

> Or go to a free text based newsserver.
>
> Marc

Yes, I guess I should have thought to mention that, particularly as
I was using one to post that message.
--
It's getting late, here.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Joni wrote:
> Good morning
>
> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason it
> won't
> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
>
> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way around it.
> ?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Joni

You are in great luck. I'm exclusively authorized to offer you this
group for your own use in any way you see fit if you can affirm you're
not some pea-brained asshole troll named Neville. You don't seem to be
him, your headers don't seem to be from him. I think you may be in luck.
Please write back saying that your aren't some ****ing idiot and I think
we can work you in.

Joni

I'm not this pea-brained asshole troll named Neville -
My name is Joni and I'm from Yorkshire / UK mainland.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Joni wrote:
>> Good morning
>>
>> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
>> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason it
>> won't
>> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
>>
>> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way around
>> it. ?
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>>
>> Joni

> You are in great luck. I'm exclusively authorized to offer you this group
> for your own use in any way you see fit if you can affirm you're not some
> pea-brained asshole troll named Neville. You don't seem to be him, your
> headers don't seem to be from him. I think you may be in luck. Please
> write back saying that your aren't some ****ing idiot and I think we can
> work you in.

-Andy-

"Joni" <jonifresh@****offski.com> wrote in message
news:dfh7dd$5c7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I require advise from helpful chaps - not abuse from gay boys like you.

How may I help you?

Joni

Info is at the begining of the post.
I just need to setup this newsgroup at home from bulldog broadband.

"-Andy-" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message

> "Joni" <jonifresh@****offski.com> wrote in message
> news:dfh7dd$5c7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I require advise from helpful chaps - not abuse from gay boys like you.

> How may I help you?

-Andy-

"Joni" <jonifresh@****offski.com> wrote in message
news:dfh7ot$pvt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Info is at the begining of the post.

Sorry, I dont subscribe to the 24hr Newsgroup. could you please re-post it?

> I just need to setup this newsgroup at home from bulldog broadband.

What is the problem?