Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > copy soundtrack pc game

copy soundtrack pc game

bigredfred

Is there any way I can copy a soundtrack file off a PC game and if so do I
need some type of software.

Thanks.

Mitch

In article <pIHSe.11777$(E-Mail Removed)> , bigredfred
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there any way I can copy a soundtrack file off a PC game and if so do I
> need some type of software.
>
> Thanks.

Yes, it's easy to rip sounds files out of applications and many kinds
of data files.
I expect many games today pack the data files in a ay that would make
some sounds unidentifiable to such tools, but I don't think there is
anything you can look for. You can only try it.
I had one once that I could just drop files onto and it would create a
folder full of the audio it could find. Then I made some of the short
ones system action sounds. Warcraft II sounds worked nicely.