Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Want Dell Latitude Password/Service-Tag Generator Program

Want Dell Latitude Password/Service-Tag Generator Program

Mrljesh Mrljesh is offline
Junior Member

Can you please help me. I have bought DELL inspirion n5040 in store a year ago. After kids played with it i keep getting system password screen on startup boot, which I presume is a master password or something similar.
My service code is F5H6KP1, express service code 32982926149.

My laptop is now unusable. Pls help me.

zaiber zaiber is offline
Junior Member

For #df0p3c1-595b on Dell Latitude D620
thanks a lot and Happy New Year!

Last edited by zaiber; 01-04-2013 at 08:32 AM..

tpheuk tpheuk is offline
Junior Member

Warranty Information by Category
Warranty Status
Expired Warranty Service
Parts & Upgrades
Dell's Online Policies
Dell Service Contracts
International Support

cpucker cpucker is offline
Junior Member

I have a dell inspiron 1300 my service tag is #9SQMC91-595B buried need the password please help me in need ASAP it's for work and school thank-you

katinaknits katinaknits is offline
Junior Member

i also need the master password.. i have a dell inspiron N5040 service tag 3QWTBR1

jwailyo jwailyo is offline
Junior Member

I have a Dell Lat D830 and it says "Hard-disk #B00DQG1GW7A-595B, the system Primary HDD, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot acccess data on this hard drive without the correct password."

Can someone help how I can remove this?

jwailyo jwailyo is offline
Junior Member

Hi all,

My Dell Lat D830 same problem with " Hard-disk #B00DQG1GW7A-595B, the system Primary HDD, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot acccess data on this hard drive without the correct password."

Please help with how I can remove this password.

Spliceice Spliceice is offline
Junior Member

I got a used Dell inspiron 2650 at a garage sale today for the grand total of, $15 bucks and I thought I was "supercool"....
and guess what? I'm not all that cool.
I need the BIOS password! Things I've done so far:

1.) called Dell, they won't help and I cannot transfer ownership of it because I've got no idea who the fellow is I bought it from because it was a yard sale item.
2.) I've downloaded latitude.exe and cannot get it to run on my windows 7 system not even in compatibility mode.
3.) I cannot boot from a floppy (have an old DOS bootable floppy) it goes straight to the password prompt. so I couldn't try the Debug trick either or just reload the OS.
4.) I popped open the case where the RAM is and found the BIOS chip, no jumpers and no battery. (I really don't want to take the whole thing apart, please don't make me. I've seen a fellow tech do that once. I will run screaming, naked into the night before that happens!)
5.) I've read online a few places that it stores the password in the EEPROM and found that there is a thing called a "eeprom programmer" (but the thought of trying to use something like that especially after buying it, just might make me cry.)
6.) I've tried several "master passwords" from various sites, but it's really moot since the splash screen doesn't state the manufacturer of the BIOS on this thing.
7.) I even went to naughty piratebay and got a nifty program: "DELL 595B (BIOS Master Key Generator)" which is a cool little DOS shell but not the right one for my laptop. But, I hope it helps someone here.

One last try to run this ISO tool I found there as well: "Dell Asset/Service Tag BIOS Reset Tool" which seems to have potential. I will let you all know if that works, but in the meantime (and in lieu of my most likely failure) if some one here has a way to give me the password I would be ever so grateful!

Service tag: 59rj221, Express service code: 111474346025 Inspiron 2650

p.s. I really wish they would have a feature like RIM does with their blackberries password. I'm not interested in the data here just want the laptop and it would be nice if I could just wipe it and reset losing the data for the sake of some companies security.

Thanks

Last edited by Spliceice; 09-14-2013 at 12:20 AM..

Spliceice Spliceice is offline
Junior Member

OMG. I've been trying to get the BIOS password reset all day.

Here's the real deal folks.
When you go to the Dell/support site and search for the ownership transfer form it doesn't matter that you don't know the registered persons name (If you got the computer second hand) you can actually enter in an "fake name" as the previous owner submit it, wait about 5-15 days then you can call Dell tech support and they will give you the BIOS password.

zai zai is offline
Junior Member

i have the same problem right now.my laptop is dell latitude d800 #34Kt81X 595B.

thanks for advanced reply.