Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Evernote

Evernote

newbie

Can anybody shed any light about Evernote available at www.evernote.com

Harrison

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:36:52 +0530, "newbie" <duh huh> wrote:

>Can anybody shed any light about Evernote available at www.evernote.com

If you couldn't find the "Learn More" link on the page, then I don't see
this program helping you at all.
http://www.evernote.com/en/products/evernote/

Evan Platt

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:36:52 +0530, "newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anybody shed any light about Evernote available at www.evernote.com

Umm.. can you be vague?

Blinky the Shark

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 09:36:52 +0530, "newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Can anybody shed any light about Evernote available at www.evernote.com

> Umm.. can you be vague?

If he really tries. Here are some inspirations for him:

http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

newbie

Sorry, I couldn't express myself properly.
What I exactly wanted to know was opinion of majority to the product.
Surfing through newsgroup one lesson I have learnt is that, before
committing to anything it is always better to take opinion from highly
knowledgable persons who are frquenting these groups and are generous with
their comment and advice.
By doing this I have been able to collect good many tips regarding plus and
minus of many products, which was of great help to me.
Thanks for the inspiritational link.
Regards.

Blinky the Shark wrote:
|| Evan Platt wrote:
||| Umm.. can you be vague?
|| If he really tries. Here are some inspirations for him:
|| http://blinkynet.net/comp/dontask.html
|| --
|| Blinky Linux Registered User
|| 297263
|| Killing All Posts from GG:
|| http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html End Of The Good GG Archive GUI:
|| http://blinkynet.net/comp/gggui.html

trout

newbie wrote:

> Can anybody shed any light about Evernote available at
> www.evernote.com

Why are you interested in this program? What features do you think
would be useful to you? Which version of the program were you
considering- the free, 'lite' version, or the full 'paid' one? What do
you want to do with it?
With *this* kind of information, people can give you their opinions
of that program, or perhaps suggest better alternatives.
--
Don't expect people to guess what you might want.

Blinky the Shark

newbie wrote:

> Sorry, I couldn't express myself properly. What I exactly wanted to
> know was opinion of majority to the product. Surfing through
> newsgroup one lesson I have learnt is that, before committing to
> anything it is always better to take opinion from highly knowledgable
> persons who are frquenting these groups and are generous with their
> comment and advice. By doing this I have been able to collect good
> many tips regarding plus and minus of many products, which was of
> great help to me. Thanks for the inspiritational link.

Thanks for taking the razzing in good humor.

Unfortunately, all of the highly knowledgeable persons were fired a
couple months ago by Wanadoo due to another newbie's complaints that
they were taking too many coffee breaks and were using big words to
answer when they *were* back at their desks.

Take me, for instance. I've never heard of Evernote, so I can't offer
any real help on that particular subject. I can say, however that the
apparently similar program I used to use, back in The Windows Decade,
was a very nice bit of freeware called KeyNote, which is available here:

http://www.tranglos.com/free/

The best advice I can give you is to try out Evernote, but also give
KeyNote a trial run, and see which you like best. As regards the
latter, back when I was a reg in alt.comp.freeware, I reported to the
author a security issue in his Oubliette password manager, and in
working out that issue he was accessible and seemed to be a decent sort.
I *think*, also, that both KeyNote and Oubliette were group picks for
their respective software categories.

Because KeyNote will save its data as text files, I'm still able to
access the mounds of data I managed with it, even though I'm no longer
using Windows. Future access is something to think about. Granted, I
have no Linux *manager* for those text files, at least I can look at
the bare text and move it to my Linux information manager when I need
something I stored way back then.

Hope you find something, between those two and what else is out there
(TreePad, for instance, which I used before KeyNote, and which is a
decent, if less featured information manager) that does just what you
want.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
|| newbie wrote:
||| Sorry, I couldn't express myself properly. What I exactly wanted
||| to know was opinion of majority to the product. Surfing through
||| newsgroup one lesson I have learnt is that, before committing to
||| anything it is always better to take opinion from highly
||| knowledgable persons who are frquenting these groups and are
||| generous with their comment and advice. By doing this I have been
||| able to collect good many tips regarding plus and minus of many
||| products, which was of great help to me. Thanks for the
||| inspiritational link.
|| Thanks for taking the razzing in good humor.
|| Unfortunately, all of the highly knowledgeable persons were fired a
|| couple months ago by Wanadoo due to another newbie's complaints that
|| they were taking too many coffee breaks and were using big words to
|| answer when they *were* back at their desks.
|| Take me, for instance. I've never heard of Evernote, so I can't
|| offer any real help on that particular subject. I can say, however
|| that the apparently similar program I used to use, back in The
|| Windows Decade, was a very nice bit of freeware called KeyNote,
|| which is available here:
|| http://www.tranglos.com/free/
|| The best advice I can give you is to try out Evernote, but also give
|| KeyNote a trial run, and see which you like best. As regards the
|| latter, back when I was a reg in alt.comp.freeware, I reported to the
|| author a security issue in his Oubliette password manager, and in
|| working out that issue he was accessible and seemed to be a decent
|| sort. I *think*, also, that both KeyNote and Oubliette were group
|| picks for their respective software categories.
|| Because KeyNote will save its data as text files, I'm still able to
|| access the mounds of data I managed with it, even though I'm no
|| longer using Windows. Future access is something to think about.
|| Granted, I have no Linux *manager* for those text files, at least I
|| can look at the bare text and move it to my Linux information
|| manager when I need something I stored way back then.
|| Hope you find something, between those two and what else is out there
|| (TreePad, for instance, which I used before KeyNote, and which is a
|| decent, if less featured information manager) that does just what you
|| want.
|| --
|| Blinky Linux Registered User
|| 297263
|| Killing All Posts from GG:
|| http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html End Of The Good GG Archive GUI:
|| http://blinkynet.net/comp/gggui.html

Thanks Blinky for sparing your time for a newbie.