Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Trouble Reformatting

Trouble Reformatting

ftb1@charter.net

I am tring to reformat my harddrive and I keep locking up at 18% on the
format.
I am using XP Home, Seagate 120 GHD, Asus a7n8x-x MB.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated and thanks in
advance.
Freddy.

Harrison

On 31 Aug 2005 18:59:17 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>I am tring to reformat my harddrive and I keep locking up at 18% on the
>format.
>I am using XP Home, Seagate 120 GHD, Asus a7n8x-x MB.
>Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated and thanks in
>advance.
>Freddy.

Go to Seagate's website and download their diagnostics utility for either CD
or floppy, whichever is applicable to your situation.
Run the tests to determine if there's a problem with the drive.

presentt

*Sorry, I hope this doesn't top-post...I hit reply in Google Groups, so
I'm not sure*

Anyways, try downloading the System Rescue CD from
http://www.sysresccd.org. It's an iso, so you need to burn it using
Nero or something. It uses a linux distro and runs from the cd, and I
use the program called QTParted on it to do a lot of filesystem
management, repartitioning, and, of course, formatting. It tends to be
less buggy than the Windows disks. Not sure why, but maybe it has to
do with open source

Good luck.