Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Philips 107X43: FCC ID: A3KM112

Philips 107X43: FCC ID: A3KM112

Thaqalain

My monitor is shorted with a light while tilting board by placing paper
and metallic hair pin to adust EW Correction (a metal stud/upstand) to
get full view of picture otherwise it's left/right edges was bowed.
I checked fuse still working in another monitor,I inserted 2 other
fuse,but unable to get any picture.
Monitor shows green power LED and a humming sound while opening
monitors.
I want to know what went wrong during blow -off when I have pushed a
hair pin inside to lift board.What parts I have to look to rectify
monitor.

Toolman Tim

Thaqalain wrote:
> My monitor is shorted with a light while tilting board by placing
> paper and metallic hair pin to adust EW Correction (a metal
> stud/upstand) to get full view of picture otherwise it's left/right
> edges was bowed.
> I checked fuse still working in another monitor,I inserted 2 other
> fuse,but unable to get any picture.
> Monitor shows green power LED and a humming sound while opening
> monitors.
> I want to know what went wrong during blow -off when I have pushed a
> hair pin inside to lift board.What parts I have to look to rectify
> monitor.

Can you try that again in coherent sentences? What did you do? Why did you
do it? Do you have training in video service? If not, take it to a shop. You
can really hurt yourself with those things. Or at the cost of new monitors,
why pay a shop? Just upgrade. You always wanted a new 21" flat screen
anyway, right?

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Thaqalain

Read previous history
here:http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...d9c16c8bcbea98
,yesterday I almost recoverd full view by placing paper, but I thought
I should put metallic hair pin to work as shim underside board as it
helped to permanently tilt metal studs projecting on board.But atlast I
blow my monitor myself.

Evan Platt

On 31 Aug 2005 19:00:42 -0700, "Thaqalain" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Read previous history
>here:http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...d9c16c8bcbea98
>,yesterday I almost recoverd full view by placing paper, but I thought
>I should put metallic hair pin to work as shim underside board as it
>helped to permanently tilt metal studs projecting on board.But atlast I
>blow my monitor myself.

I think B said it best:

....Then you are clearly out of your depth here and ought to get this
unit to a tech before you a) make it worse or b) kill yourself. The
inside of a TV is no place for the non-technical to go diddling about.
For a knowledgeable person this should be a quick and a simple repair.
good luck, Ben

wrote:

>Read previous history

Yes, do:

How many times does someone need to say if you don't know what you are
doing with electronics like this, DON'T.

You DO know that there are parts in a TV / Monitor that, even when the
monitor / TV has been unplugged, store energy - enough to kill you
with a simple touch?

If you didn't know that, and/or if you don't know what those parts
are, close the monitor back up and take it to a repair facility or buy
a new one.