Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)

Outlook Express 6 (send mail problem)

Luke O'Malley

My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
line.

Please help!

Goodwill,
Luke

Goodwill,
Luke

Duane Arnold

Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
@fe11.lga:

> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
> line.
>
> Please help!
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

What is the exact error message?

Duane

Mike Easter

Luke O'Malley wrote:
> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
> line.

If you are traveling you have to do things differently
http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail program
such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the following
problems when traveling."

Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.

--
Mike Easter

johnny o

news:431600de$0$34319$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> Luke O'Malley wrote:
>> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending and
>> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a msg
>> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone off
>> line.

> If you are traveling you have to do things differently
> http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail program
> such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the following
> problems when traveling."
>
> Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.
>
> --
> Mike Easter

that was cool
johnny

Luke O'Malley

In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
-->
-->
-->Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
-->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
-->@fe11.lga:
-->
-->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
-->and
-->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
-->msg
-->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
-->off
-->> line.
-->>
-->> Please help!
-->>
-->> Goodwill,
-->> Luke
-->>
-->> Goodwill,
-->> Luke
-->>
-->>
-->>
-->
-->What is the exact error message?
-->
-->Duane
-->
-->
-->

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server:
'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Goodwill,
Luke

Luke O'Malley

In article 431600de$0$34319$(E-Mail Removed) s.net,
"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
-->
-->
-->Luke O'Malley wrote:
-->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
-->and
-->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
-->msg
-->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
-->off
-->> line.
-->
-->If you are traveling you have to do things differently
-->http://traveler.optonline.net/email.htm "If you use an e-mail
-->program
-->such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you will encounter the
-->following
-->problems when traveling."
-->
-->Use traveler.optonline.net for outgoing or webmail.
-->
-->--
-->Mike Easter
-->
-->
-->
-->

Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.

Goodwill,
Luke

Mike Easter

Luke O'Malley wrote:
> "Mike Easter"

> -->If you are traveling you have to do things differently

> Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.

In that case, first check system status here

http://www.optonline.net/Registratio...ServiceStatus2

Then go to the OE configuration tool

http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Ar...icle%3D2366081

Which I think is a stupid way to get OE configured, by allowing a
provider's tool to modify your registry, instead of just providing you
with the information necessary to setup an account properly. If you
don't like that, you will have to talk to them on the 'phone.

Bad support configuration there. Screenshots would be much wiser.

--
Mike Easter

Duane Arnold

Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6gMRe.5692
$(E-Mail Removed):

> In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
> Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> -->
> -->
> -->Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> -->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
> -->@fe11.lga:
> -->
> -->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for sending
> -->and
> -->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I get a
> -->msg
> -->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has gone
> -->off
> -->> line.
> -->>
> -->> Please help!
> -->>
> -->> Goodwill,
> -->> Luke
> -->>
> -->> Goodwill,
> -->> Luke
> -->>
> -->>
> -->>
> -->
> -->What is the exact error message?
> -->
> -->Duane
> -->
> -->
> -->
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
> period of inactivity. Account: 'Mail Server', Server:
> 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

http://members.connectto.net/email/o...0x800CCC0E.htm

You can test your Internet mail connection with Telnet.

telnet mail.optonline.net 25

It should comeback with 220 message.

telnet mail.optonline.net 110

You can enter QUIT to exit Telnet

Have you contacted your ISP about the situation?

Maybe you're having some kind of authentication issue.

Duane

Luke O'Malley

In article Xns96C4CAFFED3C6notmenotmecom@204.127.199.17,
Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
-->
-->Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6gMRe.5692
-->$(E-Mail Removed):
-->
-->> In article Xns96C37CCEA844Dnotmenotmecom@63.240.76.16,
-->> Duane Arnold <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
-->> -->
-->> -->
-->> -->Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
-->> -->news:tllRe.49$Rd7.39
-->> -->@fe11.lga:
-->> -->
-->> -->> My Outlook Express will not send mail. The server for
-->sending
-->> -->and
-->> -->> receiveing is mail.optonline.net, but it doesn't work. I
-->get a
-->> -->msg
-->> -->> about the server or the network. I tells me that it has
-->gone
-->> -->off
-->> -->> line.
-->> -->>
-->> -->> Please help!
-->> -->>
-->> -->> Goodwill,
-->> -->> Luke
-->> -->>
-->> -->> Goodwill,
-->> -->> Luke
-->> -->>
-->> -->>
-->> -->>
-->> -->
[...]
-->http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;187785
-->
-->You can enter QUIT to exit Telnet
-->
-->Have you contacted your ISP about the situation?
-->
-->Maybe you're having some kind of authentication issue.
-->
-->
-->Duane
-->
-->

Thanks, I will follow your suggestins.

Goodwill,
Luke

Luke O'Malley

In article 43179af4$0$29898$(E-Mail Removed) s.net,
"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
-->
-->Luke O'Malley wrote:
-->> "Mike Easter"
-->
-->> -->If you are traveling you have to do things differently
-->
-->> Many thanks - but I have not been traveling.
-->
-->In that case, first check system status here
-->
-->http://www.optonline.net/Registratio...iceStatus2&dom
-->ain=%2FServiceStatus2
-->
-->Then go to the OE configuration tool
-->
-->http://www.optonline.net/Cservice/Ar...reg%26channel%
-->3D68%26article%3D2366081
-->
-->Which I think is a stupid way to get OE configured, by allowing a
-->provider's tool to modify your registry, instead of just
-->providing you
-->with the information necessary to setup an account properly. If
-->you
-->don't like that, you will have to talk to them on the 'phone.
-->
-->Bad support configuration there. Screenshots would be much wiser.
-->
-->--
-->Mike Easter
-->
-->
-->

Thanks, for the suggestions, I will follow up.

Goodwill,
Luke