Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't Run 'RUN' Windows XP Home

Can't Run 'RUN' Windows XP Home

Luke O'Malley

I have had a problem updating my Trend Micro. I was sent
instructions on how to put in my new serial number. Part of the
instructions involves regedit. I did it successfully on my other
two computers, but my Toshiba laptop gives the following message
when I type 'regedit' and run RUN:

"The NTVDM CPU has encountered I an illegal instruction.
CS: 00cf IP: 0656 OP: fe ac 06 d9 02
Chose 'Close' to terminate aplication."

The only program I have running that I am aware of is the Trend
Micro anti-virus. I shut down anything else I could find.

Can anyone help, please?

Goodwill,
Luke

Goodwill,
Luke

pcbutts1

Try regedit.exe if that works then you have a virus. Search for and delete
regedit.com.

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qelRe.47$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have had a problem updating my Trend Micro. I was sent
> instructions on how to put in my new serial number. Part of the
> instructions involves regedit. I did it successfully on my other
> two computers, but my Toshiba laptop gives the following message
> when I type 'regedit' and run RUN:
>
> "The NTVDM CPU has encountered I an illegal instruction.
> CS: 00cf IP: 0656 OP: fe ac 06 d9 02
> Chose 'Close' to terminate aplication."
>
> The only program I have running that I am aware of is the Trend
> Micro anti-virus. I shut down anything else I could find.
>
> Can anyone help, please?
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

Luke O'Malley

In article nilRe.932$(E-Mail Removed),
"pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
-->
-->
-->Try regedit.exe if that works then you have a virus. Search for
-->and delete
-->regedit.com.
-->
-->--
-->
-->
-->The best live web video on the internet
-->http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
-->NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
-->See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
-->Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
-->
-->
-->
-->"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
-->news:qelRe.47$(E-Mail Removed)...
-->>I have had a problem updating my Trend Micro. I was sent
-->> instructions on how to put in my new serial number. Part of the
-->> instructions involves regedit. I did it successfully on my
-->other
-->> two computers, but my Toshiba laptop gives the following message
-->> when I type 'regedit' and run RUN:
-->>
-->> "The NTVDM CPU has encountered I an illegal instruction.
-->> CS: 00cf IP: 0656 OP: fe ac 06 d9 02
-->> Chose 'Close' to terminate aplication."
-->>
-->> The only program I have running that I am aware of is the Trend
-->> Micro anti-virus. I shut down anything else I could find.
-->>
-->> Can anyone help, please?
-->>
-->> Goodwill,
-->> Luke
-->>
-->> Goodwill,
-->> Luke
-->>
-->>
-->
-->
-->
-->
-->
It worked but PC-cillin could find no virus!

Many thanks!

Goodwill,
Luke