Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SP2: I'm still scared

SP2: I'm still scared

Slack

Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is
clean (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are
updated and ready to go.

So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
back-up) the install?

tia
--
Slack

Toolman Tim

Slack wrote:
> Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is
> clean (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are
> updated and ready to go.
>
> So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
> back-up) the install?
>
> tia

Nike.

--
Just do it.

Ron Martell

Slack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is
>clean (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are
>updated and ready to go.
>
>So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
>back-up) the install?
>
>tia

Service Pack 2 install preparation:

While problems with SP2 are really not that common, it does appear
that results are sometimes better if you install from the full SP2
package rather than getting specific components via Windows Update.

Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...s/default.mspx

Windows XP Service Pack 2 complete download:

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

fred-bloggs

Slack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is
> clean (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are
> updated and ready to go.
>
> So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
> back-up) the install?
>
> tia
> --
> Slack

You might want to read
Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

You should also check for updates of any of your critical programs.

--
fred

Shawn

"Slack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is clean
> (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are updated
> and ready to go.
>
> So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
> back-up) the install?
>
> tia
> --
> Slack

Pray

What's in a Name?

"Slack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

So, what last thing should I do before launching the install?

roll a fatty
-max
--
Playing Nice on Usenet:
My Pages: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/

Slack

Shawn wrote:

> "Slack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is clean
>>(no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are updated
>>and ready to go.
>>
>>So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
>>back-up) the install?
>>
>>tia
>>--
>>Slack