Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > replacing epson inkjet cartridges

replacing epson inkjet cartridges

Dennis

epson tells users that once an inkjet cartridge has been removed from the
printer, it cannot be reused, even if it brand new. A new cartridge must be
inserted because the old one will no longer work.

can anyone claim that they have removed a cartridge, then put it back, and
still had a properly functioning epson printer? in my case, a black ink
cartridge for an epson stylus color 800.

I have seen companies that sell cleaning cartridges for epson printers.
they look exactly like the ink cartridges, but have a special cleaning
solution inside, instead of ink. the solution is also dyed. The cartridges
can be used several times, to clean several printers, or one printer several
times. This contradicts epson's statement about having to replace even a
slightly used cartridge once it has been removed from the printer.

dennis

Maybe

Dennis wrote:
> epson tells users that once an inkjet cartridge has been removed from the
> printer, it cannot be reused, even if it brand new. A new cartridge must be
> inserted because the old one will no longer work.
>
> can anyone claim that they have removed a cartridge, then put it back, and
> still had a properly functioning epson printer? in my case, a black ink
> cartridge for an epson stylus color 800.
>
> I have seen companies that sell cleaning cartridges for epson printers.
> they look exactly like the ink cartridges, but have a special cleaning
> solution inside, instead of ink. the solution is also dyed. The cartridges
> can be used several times, to clean several printers, or one printer several
> times. This contradicts epson's statement about having to replace even a
> slightly used cartridge once it has been removed from the printer.
>
> dennis

Dennis -- I'm not an Epson user. The reason I'm not is for the specific
reason that you cite. I'm assured that the cartridge contains a chip
which is activated at install and prohibits reactivation at attempts to
reinstall. Since the "cleaning" cartridge that you describe would not
have such a chip, makes sense that it can be removed and reinstalled.
By the way, I also am made to understand that you can buy a "device"
that will override the buried chip.

Chas

"Dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> epson tells users that once an inkjet cartridge has been removed from the
> printer, it cannot be reused, even if it brand new. A new cartridge must
> be inserted because the old one will no longer work.
>
> can anyone claim that they have removed a cartridge, then put it back, and
> still had a properly functioning epson printer? in my case, a black ink
> cartridge for an epson stylus color 800.
>
> I have seen companies that sell cleaning cartridges for epson printers.
> they look exactly like the ink cartridges, but have a special cleaning
> solution inside, instead of ink. the solution is also dyed. The
> cartridges can be used several times, to clean several printers, or one
> printer several times. This contradicts epson's statement about having to
> replace even a slightly used cartridge once it has been removed from the
> printer.
>
> dennis

Hi
You could try this

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Chas

Secret Squiddle

"Maybe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_kLQe.7470$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dennis wrote:
>> epson tells users that once an inkjet cartridge has been removed from the
>> printer, it cannot be reused, even if it brand new. A new cartridge must
>> be inserted because the old one will no longer work.
>>
>> can anyone claim that they have removed a cartridge, then put it back,
>> and still had a properly functioning epson printer? in my case, a black
>> ink cartridge for an epson stylus color 800.
>>
>> I have seen companies that sell cleaning cartridges for epson printers.
>> they look exactly like the ink cartridges, but have a special cleaning
>> solution inside, instead of ink. the solution is also dyed. The
>> cartridges can be used several times, to clean several printers, or one
>> printer several times. This contradicts epson's statement about having
>> to replace even a slightly used cartridge once it has been removed from
>> the printer.

>> Usenet News==----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
>> Newsgroups
>> =----

> Dennis -- I'm not an Epson user. The reason I'm not is for the specific
> reason that you cite. I'm assured that the cartridge contains a chip
> which is activated at install and prohibits reactivation at attempts to
> reinstall. Since the "cleaning" cartridge that you describe would not
> have such a chip, makes sense that it can be removed and reinstalled. By
> the way, I also am made to understand that you can buy a "device" that
> will override the buried chip.

I use Canon printers - no fuss, the cartridges are just tanks of ink, none
of this replacing the print head each time, or chips inside.

**SS**

EricP

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:07:59 -0400, "Dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
muttered and said:

>epson tells users that once an inkjet cartridge has been removed from the
>printer, it cannot be reused, even if it brand new. A new cartridge must be
>inserted because the old one will no longer work.
>
>can anyone claim that they have removed a cartridge, then put it back, and
>still had a properly functioning epson printer? in my case, a black ink
>cartridge for an epson stylus color 800.
>
>I have seen companies that sell cleaning cartridges for epson printers.
>they look exactly like the ink cartridges, but have a special cleaning
>solution inside, instead of ink. the solution is also dyed. The cartridges
>can be used several times, to clean several printers, or one printer several
>times. This contradicts epson's statement about having to replace even a
>slightly used cartridge once it has been removed from the printer.

You can either get a chip reprogrammer from an ink supplier or simply
keep a few old tanks about, the machine has a small memory for chip
number, it only remember the previous three from old memory. So you
just stick dummy tanks in until it *forgets* the new one and accepts
it.

Alternatively, just forget Epson and get a Canon that doesn't bother
with such foolishness.

Shepİ

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:07:59 -0400 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then "Dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>epson tells users that once an inkjet cartridge has been removed from the
>printer, it cannot be reused, even if it brand new. A new cartridge must be
>inserted because the old one will no longer work.

They will say that as they make crap printers and drivers.

>can anyone claim that they have removed a cartridge, then put it back, and
>still had a properly functioning epson printer? in my case, a black ink
>cartridge for an epson stylus color 800.

Yep.Get cheapy ones,
http://www.eezytrade.co.uk/

>I have seen companies that sell cleaning cartridges for epson printers.

Rip-off merchants.

>they look exactly like the ink cartridges, but have a special cleaning
>solution inside, instead of ink. the solution is also dyed.

BS

>The cartridges
>can be used several times, to clean several printers, or one printer several
>times. This contradicts epson's statement about having to replace even a
>slightly used cartridge once it has been removed from the printer.
>
>dennis

By cheapy and as soon as poss get a,"Canon" printer

--
Free Windows/PC help,