Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Troubleshooting MP3 CDs

Troubleshooting MP3 CDs

Charlie

I recently bought a cheap DVD player. According to the manual and the logos
on the machine itself, it should be able to play DVDs, photo CDs and MP3s.
It seems to manage DVDs and photo CDs, as well as playing ordinary audio
CD's. When it comes to MP3s, though, it fails to read the disc and either
hangs up or reports "incorrect disc format".
Could anybody shed any light on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Andy Fish

two things spring to mind

1. make sure the files themselves aren't of an unusual bitrate or use
unusual encoding options. try a straight 128 fixed bitrate file

2. make sure player is happy with the directory structure on the disk -
maybe check the manual for any recommendations or restrictions on the
directory layout

"Charlie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:devfcb$hve$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently bought a cheap DVD player. According to the manual and the
>logos on the machine itself, it should be able to play DVDs, photo CDs and
>MP3s. It seems to manage DVDs and photo CDs, as well as playing ordinary
>audio CD's. When it comes to MP3s, though, it fails to read the disc and
>either hangs up or reports "incorrect disc format".
> Could anybody shed any light on this?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

George

Charlie wrote:
> I recently bought a cheap DVD player. According to the manual and
> the logos on the machine itself, it should be able to play DVDs,
> photo CDs and MP3s. It seems to manage DVDs and photo CDs, as well as
> playing ordinary audio CD's. When it comes to MP3s, though, it fails
> to read the disc and either hangs up or reports "incorrect disc
> format".
> Could anybody shed any light on this?
>
> Many thanks in advance.

If you're talking about a dvd player that's connected to your tv - you can't
have the mp3's on a dvd and if they are on a cd, the unit has to say that
it'll play mp3's.