Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Jumpy mouse icon... then locks up?

Jumpy mouse icon... then locks up?

crb

I have win98. my mouse icon suddenly jumps from one part of the screen and
sometimes clicks stuff open.
Many times it just locks everything up and I have to reboot.

What do I do?

old jon

"crb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have win98. my mouse icon suddenly jumps from one part of the screen and
> sometimes clicks stuff open.
> Many times it just locks everything up and I have to reboot.
>
> What do I do?

1. clean your mouse thoroughly.
2. delete the mouse in Device Manager, restart computer to let Win.
reinstall the driver,or
3. Buy a new mouse.
bw..OJ

ellis_jay

old jon wrote:
> "crb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have win98. my mouse icon suddenly jumps from one part of the
>> screen and sometimes clicks stuff open.
>> Many times it just locks everything up and I have to reboot.
>>
>> What do I do?
>>

> 1. clean your mouse thoroughly.
> 2. delete the mouse in Device Manager, restart computer to let Win.
> reinstall the driver,or
> 3. Buy a new mouse.
> bw..OJ

Buy a new one..........