Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > software to record rhapsody?

software to record rhapsody?

ABS

is there any software that will work with rhapsody 3.0 to record the
streaming radio and stuff? realplay music doesn't work with it and high
criterias total recorder doesn't seem that easy to use and stuff. the
software needs to auto split the songs tho like realplay music does and tag
em right.

Secret Squiddle

"ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20050828000100.316$(E-Mail Removed)...
> is there any software that will work with rhapsody 3.0 to record the
> streaming radio and stuff? realplay music doesn't work with it and high
> criterias total recorder doesn't seem that easy to use and stuff. the
> software needs to auto split the songs tho like realplay music does and
> tag em right.

Try this: http://www.roemersoftware.com/index.html

**SS**

ABS

"Secret Squiddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:431187d0$0$21381$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20050828000100.316$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> is there any software that will work with rhapsody 3.0 to record the
>> streaming radio and stuff? realplay music doesn't work with it and high
>> criterias total recorder doesn't seem that easy to use and stuff. the
>> software needs to auto split the songs tho like realplay music does and
>> tag em right.

> Try this: http://www.roemersoftware.com/index.html
>
> **SS**

Thanks. This software doesn't auto name based on mp3 tags like the total
recorder and replay music though. i read the site and it says for auto
namking all it does is name it like 1, 2 3 and so on, but there is no
mention at all of any mp3 tagging info it would get from the net or rhapsody
itself.

ABS

"Secret Squiddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:431187d0$0$21381$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20050828000100.316$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> is there any software that will work with rhapsody 3.0 to record the
>> streaming radio and stuff? realplay music doesn't work with it and high
>> criterias total recorder doesn't seem that easy to use and stuff. the
>> software needs to auto split the songs tho like realplay music does and
>> tag em right.

> Try this: http://www.roemersoftware.com/index.html
>
> **SS**

this software doesn't auto name them from mp3 tags and so forth like replay
music which is one of the requirements i have.

Toolman Tim

ABS wrote:
> "Secret Squiddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:431187d0$0$21381$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:20050828000100.316$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> is there any software that will work with rhapsody 3.0 to record the
>>> streaming radio and stuff? realplay music doesn't work with it and
>>> high criterias total recorder doesn't seem that easy to use and
>>> stuff. the software needs to auto split the songs tho like realplay
>>> music does and tag em right.

>> Try this: http://www.roemersoftware.com/index.html
>>
>> **SS**
>>

> this software doesn't auto name them from mp3 tags and so forth like
> replay music which is one of the requirements i have.

I don't believe you'll find *any* program that can assign MP3 tags to
streaming audio. They are not streaming an MP3 file in the MP3 data format.
They are playing it on their end, and piping the result to you. It is
usually very lossy, it is more like a WAV file than an MP3. You would have
to edit the MP3 tags yourself.

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

ABS

news:%NpQe.15490$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ABS wrote:
>> "Secret Squiddle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:431187d0$0$21381$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "ABS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:20050828000100.316$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Try this: http://www.roemersoftware.com/index.html
>>>
>>> **SS**
>>>

>> this software doesn't auto name them from mp3 tags and so forth like
>> replay music which is one of the requirements i have.

> I don't believe you'll find *any* program that can assign MP3 tags to
> streaming audio. They are not streaming an MP3 file in the MP3 data
> format. They are playing it on their end, and piping the result to you. It
> is usually very lossy, it is more like a WAV file than an MP3. You would
> have to edit the MP3 tags yourself.
>
> --
> Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Replay Music does this and so does Total Recorder 5.2. www.highcriteria.com
and www.replay-music.com
I got Total Recorder to record from Music Match 10 and it tagged the song
correctly, but with the demo version they put in a high white noise sound
for half a second every 1 minute untill you register it. Total Recorder does
not work with Rhapsody for tagging files though. It does record them though.
Replay Music records them and tags them from Rhapsody, but doesn't tag 100%
as some might say unknwon filename or something.

With Replay Music I recorded 22 tracks and when I played them back in Itunes
the sound was crackling and stuttery. I was assuming this was from Rhapsody
having audio bugs as Replay Music web site in their knowledge base says if
you experience audio problems when playing back files recorded from Rhapsody
3.0 then you have to use the Rhapsody 2.1 software untill Rhapsody fixes
their bugs in 3.0. So for the 22 tracks I did the audio was bad. I then
tried it again last night and they played better today 3 songs. Normal I
think. 2 of the 3 were tagged with correct song name, artist and album name
too. The one not tagged just said unknown. Pc Mag or pc world said it was
about 80% accurate in their tagging tests when they reviewed replay music.

I'm going to install Replay Music on my other pc and try it again because it
is possible I had total recorder set up to do the audio playback and that is
why the songs were so messed up when i played them back. since replay music
does 25 recordings on demo version i need to install it on my other pc to
try it again.

kara2011 kara2011 is offline
Junior Member

when speaking of recording, we have to mention about some easy cool soft like audacity, adobe audition etc, these one can help you record rhapsody stream, but how do you tag them? it drives me nuts in the past, you just need test it out to see whether it can both download rhapsody music and tag them with artist, title, album etc.
http://www.recordstreamingmusic.net/...-rhapsody.html