Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How Do I Get One Large Mpeg-1 to Fit Onto One Dvd Disc..

How Do I Get One Large Mpeg-1 to Fit Onto One Dvd Disc..

bhoy

I would Like to know how I would be able to fit a 5.58Gb Mpeg-1 onto one
blank dvd as I tried dvd shrink and it didnt work.I would like to know is
there any program I could Use to shrink or compress it in a way it would fit
on one blank dvd disk.

pcbutts1

bhoy, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I would Like to know how I would be able to fit a 5.58Gb Mpeg-1 onto
> one blank dvd as I tried dvd shrink and it didnt work.I would like to
> know is there any program I could Use to shrink or compress it in a way it
> would fit on one blank dvd disk.

You gave up too easily.

gangle

"bhoy" wrote
> I would Like to know how I would be able to fit a 5.58Gb Mpeg-1 onto one
> blank dvd as I tried dvd shrink and it didnt work.I would like to know is
> there any program I could Use to shrink or compress it in a way it would fit
> on one blank dvd disk.

Load the file into TMPGEnc, then re-encode it using an
"Other" template: you need a lower MPEG-1 bitrate than
in the original.
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

Barry OGrady

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:12:09 +0000 (UTC), "bhoy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I would Like to know how I would be able to fit a 5.58Gb Mpeg-1 onto one
>blank dvd as I tried dvd shrink and it didnt work.I would like to know is
>there any program I could Use to shrink or compress it in a way it would fit
>on one blank dvd disk.

Dual layer disk.

Barry
=====