Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why can't I update my internet explorer

Why can't I update my internet explorer

bdeditch

I have tried many times to update my Internet Explorer and each time it
will not do it. I have at the present version 6.0.2600. am using ME

johnny o

"bdeditch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have tried many times to update my Internet Explorer and each time it
> will not do it. I have at the present version 6.0.2600. am using ME

I thought that was the update.
johnny

johnny o

johnny o, <(E-Mail Removed)>, whose name means "still hasn't
worked out what an orgasm is; full of himself", disagreed:

> I've always lacked the capacity to recognise and critically test
> reality.

trout

bdeditch wrote:

> I have tried many times to update my Internet Explorer and each time
> it will not do it. I have at the present version 6.0.2600. am using
> ME

So, what's going on? Can it be assumed that you're going to Windows
Update, scanning for updates for your system....etc? Does it tell you
that an update is available?
--
Do you know what the version number *should* be for your OS?

bdeditch

Can it be assumed that you're going to Windows
Update, scanning for updates for your system. YES
Does it tell you that an update is available? YES

trout

bdeditch wrote:

> Can it be assumed that you're going to Windows
> Update, scanning for updates for your system. YES
> Does it tell you that an update is available? YES

Try noting the name and number of the update, and see if you can
download it from the Windows Update Catalogue.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/
It's sometimes easier to do a separate download, and *then* install,
than to do a combined operation online, as WU tries to do.
Make sure you look in the section appropriate to your OS.
--
And if you're still having problems, please don't be so secretive about
the details.

Harrison

On 25 Aug 2005 20:34:28 -0700, "bdeditch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have tried many times to update my Internet Explorer and each time it
>will not do it. I have at the present version 6.0.2600. am using ME

What's the exact error message?

Ben Myers

"bdeditch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I have tried many times to update my Internet Explorer and each time it
> will not do it. I have at the present version 6.0.2600. am using ME

If it is for the computer you are using now, download and run
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/ie6setup.exe

Ben