Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > wireless network question

wireless network question

osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com

If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about 20
will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
Hotels and airports
I hope this isn't a to stupid question but it seems to easy that I can
buy this USB network adaptor plug it in install the drivers and
configure it to the wireless network of a hotel I'm staying in and
away I go

Regards

Osiris

FML

> If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about 20
> will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
> Hotels and airports
> I hope this isn't a to stupid question but it seems to easy that I can
> buy this USB network adaptor plug it in install the drivers and
> configure it to the wireless network of a hotel I'm staying in and
> away I go
>
> Regards
>
> Osiris

Yes.

osiris.luxor@btopenworld.com

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:17:02 -0500, FML <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about 20
>> will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
>> Hotels and airports
>> I hope this isn't a to stupid question but it seems to easy that I can
>> buy this USB network adaptor plug it in install the drivers and
>> configure it to the wireless network of a hotel I'm staying in and
>> away I go
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Osiris

>Yes.

I'm getting me one of them then

Plato

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about 20
> will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
> Hotels and airports

In theory, yes. And, one can even drive around in your car and access
the internet from the road. Of course you have to stop when you find a
strong signal.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Fred

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
news:430e443b$1$244$(E-Mail Removed)...
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> If I buy a Wireless USB Network adaptor that you can buy for about 20
>> will I be able to log on to a wireless network that are available in
>> Hotels and airports

> In theory, yes. And, one can even drive around in your car and access
> the internet from the road. Of course you have to stop when you find a
> strong signal.

You may need a number to log on. That's how providers of these services
cover the cost. I believe Starbucks generally operate this system throughout
the planet. Go in and ask them how it all works. I used a wireless hotspot
while away from my home town recently. I paid $5 which gave me a predertimed
download limit to be used within 3 months.and was able to access emails etc
on my laptop for 10 days. Once I paid my fee I used to park outside each
evening and just use my laptop. Some hotels etc will provide this service
free but not the cheapies. There's no such thing as a free lunch.>