Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Question

Question

Whiskers

On 2005-08-24, Roy Newman-Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00 scammed by
> a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to publicize his name so
> that other people in this locality do not get scammed as I was.
> Is there any site where this could be done?
> I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement against this guy
> but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot afford a lawyer

Talk to a local newspaper. Many more people read papers than go anywhere
near the internet - and newspapers have lawyers, and if your story is
interesting enough they might even pay you for it ...

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Toolman Tim

philo wrote:
>>> Go for it...even if you need to buy a pickup truck!!!

>> I shoved a shotgun into a guy's nose and asked him to please not
>> bother my wife anymore. It worked too.
>>

> If it was a two-barrel shotgun...
> you could have skipped the word "please"!

Even one would have worked with me <g>! I'm not that hard to convince...

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Toolman Tim

philo wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> If you got a judgment then whatever process or attorney was used to
>> obtain that judgment has additional information about how to collect
>> on judgments. Just getting a judgment isn't enough to recover,
>> which is often the more difficult part of the process. Surely there
>> was some advice about recovery or collecting when you set out to get
>> the judgment.
>>

> Unquestionably better and saner advise than I had given above...
> however a pickup truck would prob.be a lot cheaper than a lawyer !

And reusable too ;o)

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

philo

> > Unquestionably better and saner advise than I had given above...
> > however a pickup truck would prob.be a lot cheaper than a lawyer !

> And reusable too ;o)

That's right...
Oh...I should mention that it's not a good idea to get one of those $60,000
Cadillac pickup trucks...
they don't haul manure very well !

Toolman Tim

philo wrote:
>>> Unquestionably better and saner advise than I had given above...
>>> however a pickup truck would prob.be a lot cheaper than a lawyer !

>> And reusable too ;o)
>>

> That's right...
> Oh...I should mention that it's not a good idea to get one of those
> $60,000 Cadillac pickup trucks...
> they don't haul manure very well !

Heh heh heh...I bet they don't go off road either <g>

--
Indecision is the key to flexibility.

Top (retired)

"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:430cc6f5$0$34407$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net:

>Roy Newman-Smith wrote:
>> I am a 77 year old man who has had his life savings of $80,000.00
>> scammed by a Halifax, Nova Scotia individual & I would like to
>> publicize his name so that other people in this locality do not
>> get scammed as I was.

> I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on the internet or TV.
>
> Before you go very far down that road, you should familiarize
> yourself with your community's libel, slander, and defamation
> laws. Here's the first site I came across
>http://www.canadianlawsite.com/personalinjuryNS.html Slander,
>Libel and
> Defamation of
> Character
>
> That's a site where a person can find a personal injury lawyer in
> Nova Scotia to take up a case for libel/slander/defamation
>
>> Is there any site where this could be done?

> It wouldn't cost very much to setup a webpage to express
> something.
>
>> I know I was kind of stupid any way but I have a judgement
>> against this guy but he just ignores paying & obviosly I cannot
>> afford a lawyer

> If you got a judgment then whatever process or attorney was used
> to obtain that judgment has additional information about how to
> collect on judgments. Just getting a judgment isn't enough to
> recover, which is often the more difficult part of the process.
> Surely there was some advice about recovery or collecting when you
> set out to get the judgment.

I am in no way knowledgeable of settlements and such. I would however
think it might be possible to place a lien against the persons
property, whatever that might be. With a little research that might
be cheap and effective. If there is such a thing as a legal aid
society in the area that might be another resource to explore.

--
Freedom is never free....