Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spywareblaster update

Spywareblaster update

joevan

150 new items 8-23-05

and for the same reason."

Buffalo

Thanks

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 150 new items 8-23-05
>

> --
> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
> and for the same reason."

Scraggy

joevan wrote:
> 150 new items 8-23-05

Thanks.
members. Groucho Marx

B_Dizzle

Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why it would
not update.
B_Dizzle

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 150 new items 8-23-05
>

> --
> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
> and for the same reason."

joevan

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:20:48 GMT, "B_Dizzle"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
>yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why it would
>not update.
>B_Dizzle
>
>"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> 150 new items 8-23-05
>>

>> --
>> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
>> and for the same reason."

You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?

and for the same reason."

trout

joevan wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:20:48 GMT, "B_Dizzle"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
>> yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why
>> it would not update.
>> B_Dizzle
>>
>> "joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> 150 new items 8-23-05
>>>

> You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?

He did:
news1nOe.7638$(E-Mail Removed)
--
Sort of.

B_Dizzle

Sure, I'd be happy to...as long as it will help someone who might be lost.
Norton Internet Security 2005
Personal Firewall ON
Click Configure on right side of box (under Turn Off option)
Click the Programs tab on the top of the box
Settings for: Default (Active) Network Detector is Off.
Under Manual Program Control: arrow down to SpywareBlaster>>
>> under where it says Internet Access, it should read Permit All and
>> General

At the bottom of that box click OK, and you should be able to download
updates you need for that program.

I know that's a bit long winded, but I am just learning, and that was the
best way I could figure to explain to you why it wouldn't allow updates.

Diz

"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:20:48 GMT, "B_Dizzle"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
>>yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why it
>>would
>>not update.
>>B_Dizzle
>>
>>"joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> 150 new items 8-23-05
>>>

>>> --
>>> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
>>> and for the same reason."

> You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?
>

> --
> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
> and for the same reason."

Buffalo

news:430b8aaf$0$17939$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
> joevan wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:20:48 GMT, "B_Dizzle"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for pointing that out. I was finally able to update it
> >> yesterday....for the first time in a month...since I found out why
> >> it would not update.
> >> B_Dizzle
> >>
> >> "joevan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>>

> > You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?

> He did:
> news1nOe.7638$(E-Mail Removed)
> --
> Sort of.

So Trout,
Just exactly was you link supposed to tell anyone?

Buffalo

"B_Dizzle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UgROe.8458$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sure, I'd be happy to...as long as it will help someone who might be lost.
> Norton Internet Security 2005
> Personal Firewall ON
> Click Configure on right side of box (under Turn Off option)
> Click the Programs tab on the top of the box
> Settings for: Default (Active) Network Detector is Off.
> Under Manual Program Control: arrow down to SpywareBlaster>>
> >> under where it says Internet Access, it should read Permit All and
> >> General

> At the bottom of that box click OK, and you should be able to download
> updates you need for that program.
>
> I know that's a bit long winded, but I am just learning, and that was the
> best way I could figure to explain to you why it wouldn't allow updates.
>
> Diz

Thanks for the info.

trout

Buffalo wrote:

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:430b8aaf$0$17939$(E-Mail Removed) eenews.net...
>> joevan wrote:

>>> You're welcome but I am curious as to the why. Care to let us know?

>> He did:
>> news1nOe.7638$(E-Mail Removed)
>> --
>> Sort of.

> So Trout,
> Just exactly was you link supposed to tell anyone?

"Supposed"? What exactly do you not understand?
It was his post that he made for the purpose of telling the group that
the previous answer had solved his problem of not being able to download
Spywareblaster updates.
He quotes a poster who said:

"I had a problem where on installation of the new version, Norton Fire
Wall
blocked it. I had to go into the settings and allow it manually."

Now, is there something that is unclear about this to you?
--
Or is this another of your lurching attempts at witty repartee?