Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Erasing unerasable file.

Erasing unerasable file.

Roger1

I have a directory under c:\ on XP with the filename ~ERAFSWD.TMP. It
is left behind by the file deletion prgram "Eraser"
(http://www.download.com/3640-2092_4-...html?pn=1&fb=0)

I cannot delete the directory: "Cannot delete F1PN022B: Access is denied".

1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?

2) What is F1PN022B?

Thanks.

pcbutts1

You don't have a problem, but it could be spyware so format and reinstall.

--

"Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

- (E-Mail Removed)
- (E-Mail Removed)

Jimmy@tech.support.Mcdonalds

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:24:26 GMT, Roger1 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a directory under c:\ on XP with the filename ~ERAFSWD.TMP. It
>is left behind by the file deletion prgram "Eraser"
>(http://www.download.com/3640-2092_4-...html?pn=1&fb=0)
>
>I cannot delete the directory: "Cannot delete F1PN022B: Access is denied".
>
>1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?
>
>2) What is F1PN022B?
>
>Thanks.

dos box and delete folder.

pcbutts1

Ignore that name forging ignorant immature troll. Use one of these to delete
that file.

Right click the file or folder and select Unlocker. If the file or folder is
locked then a window will appear with a list of processes locking the file
or folder. Select the locks and click Unlock and you are done.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/unlocker170.exe or try killbox

http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/killbox.zip

"Roger1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_U1Oe.17214$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a directory under c:\ on XP with the filename ~ERAFSWD.TMP. It is
>left behind by the file deletion prgram "Eraser"
>(http://www.download.com/3640-2092_4-...html?pn=1&fb=0)
>
> I cannot delete the directory: "Cannot delete F1PN022B: Access is denied".
>
> 1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?
>
> 2) What is F1PN022B?
>
> Thanks.

Harrison

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:24:26 GMT, Roger1 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a directory under c:\ on XP with the filename ~ERAFSWD.TMP. It
>is left behind by the file deletion prgram "Eraser"
>(http://www.download.com/3640-2092_4-...html?pn=1&fb=0)
>
>I cannot delete the directory: "Cannot delete F1PN022B: Access is denied".
>
>1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?
>
>2) What is F1PN022B?
>
>Thanks.

http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/faq.php

http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/contact_us.php

philo

"Roger1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_U1Oe.17214$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a directory under c:\ on XP with the filename ~ERAFSWD.TMP. It
> is left behind by the file deletion prgram "Eraser"
> (http://www.download.com/3640-2092_4-...html?pn=1&fb=0)
>
> I cannot delete the directory: "Cannot delete F1PN022B: Access is denied".
>
> 1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?
>
> 2) What is F1PN022B?
>
> Thanks.

try safe mode
or repair console

Jim Byrd

Hi Roger - From my Blog, Defending Your Machine, addy in Signature below:

"Sometimes the tools below will find files which they are unable to delete
because they are in use.

A program called Copylock, here, http://noeld.com/programs.asp?cat=misc can
aid in the process of "replacing, moving, renaming or deleting one or many
files which are currently in use (e.g. system files like comctl32.dll, or
virus/trojan files.)"

Another is Killbox, here: http://www.downloads.subratam.org/KillBox.zip

A third which is a bit different but often very useful is Delete Invalid
File, here: http://www.purgeie.com/delinv.htm which handles invalid/UNC
file/folder name deleting, rather than the in use problem.

A fourth useful program is Unlocker, here:
..http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ " Simply right click the folder or file
and select Unlocker. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of
lockers will appear. Simply select the lockers and click Unlock and you are
done!" Works as advertised and is particularly helpful in identifying
malware components which are 'protecting' each other."

I suspect that Delete Invalid File is what you may need.

--
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here:

"Roger1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_U1Oe.17214$(E-Mail Removed)
> I have a directory under c:\ on XP with the filename ~ERAFSWD.TMP. It
> is left behind by the file deletion prgram "Eraser"
> (http://www.download.com/3640-2092_4-...html?pn=1&fb=0)
>
> I cannot delete the directory: "Cannot delete F1PN022B: Access is
> denied".
>
> 1) The file is not being used; how can I force deletion?
>
> 2) What is F1PN022B?
>
> Thanks.

Plato

http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

erasing google search history? melon Computer Support 7 04-11-2008 12:31 PM
Nodes.Clear() is also erasing my session variables Alex D. ASP .Net 4 11-23-2005 03:41 AM
Re: Help Erasing Files on CDRW Disk mousely Computer Support 7 10-01-2004 04:39 AM
Erasing a CD SushiBoy Computer Support 4 12-01-2003 06:10 AM
Re: Error Download file from TFTP after erasing Flash ( Cisco 2610) Rainer Temme Cisco 2 07-09-2003 02:17 AM

Advertisments