Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > locate email source

locate email source

gibberish

Every time I try to buy something on eBay is receive a lot of "second chance
offers" from people pretending to be the seller. The lates claims to be in
Great Britian but if so, he must stay up all the time because he replies
immedietly to my email even though is would be 4:00 am there.

Is there any way I can locate the source of emails? I would like to track
this guy down and wring his neck.

Mara

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:34:16 -0500, "gibberish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Every time I try to buy something on eBay is receive a lot of "second chance
>offers" from people pretending to be the seller. The lates claims to be in
>Great Britian but if so, he must stay up all the time because he replies
>immedietly to my email even though is would be 4:00 am there.
>
>Is there any way I can locate the source of emails? I would like to track
>this guy down and wring his neck.

Try this first:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Blinky the Shark

gibberish wrote:
> Every time I try to buy something on eBay is receive a lot of "second chance
> offers" from people pretending to be the seller. The lates claims to be in
> Great Britian but if so, he must stay up all the time because he replies
> immedietly to my email even though is would be 4:00 am there.

Note that bots don't need any sleep.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263