Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Television sound problem

Television sound problem

~Mary

I have three televisions in my house. On one of the TVs, just one, I
can't get sound on one channel, just one. Any ideas? ~Mary

johnty

Watch one of the others

Thaqalain

Post it
here:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...r?lnk=li&hl=en

Kenny

First thing is check the Balance control hasn't been moved to one side.

--

Kenny Cargill

"~Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I have three televisions in my house. On one of the TVs, just one, I can't
>get sound on one channel, just one. Any ideas? ~Mary

The Old Sourdough

Kenny wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> First thing is check the Balance control hasn't been moved to one
> side.

How would that affect just one channel?

--
The Old Sourdough
May 15 decadent Jehovah's witnesses eat each other's belly-button fluff

Stickems.

If this is digital TV try unplugging it for a few moments.

"~Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|I have three televisions in my house. On one of the TVs, just one, I
| can't get sound on one channel, just one. Any ideas? ~Mary

Kenny

If it's moved all the way to one side it will cut the sound on one channel.

--

Kenny Cargill

"The Old Sourdough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns96B55D231343Dbcx25yti54op@216.196.97.131.. .
> Kenny wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> First thing is check the Balance control hasn't been moved to one
>> side.
>>

> How would that affect just one channel?
>
> --
> The Old Sourdough
> May 15 decadent Jehovah's witnesses eat each other's belly-button fluff
> in your shaving cabinet.

The Old Sourdough

Kenny wrote in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> If it's moved all the way to one side it will cut the sound on one
> channel.

Read the original post, very carefully this time. He can't get sound on
one, just one, TV channel on one, just one, TV set, so WTF does a
balance control have to do with it?

--
The Old Sourdough
May 15 decadent Jehovah's witnesses eat each other's belly-button fluff
in your shaving cabinet.

JANA

This is not the proper newsgroup for Television problems.

I am going to answer this question anyways, even though it does not belong
to this group. If you want to remain ignorant, just skip this message, but
don't comment back with any flack, I will return some back. This is a common
problem that can happen to any owner of a TV set.

--!

When enquiring about Television problems, you must always indicate the make
and model number. This information is on the rear tag or sticker of the set.
You should also indicate what country you are in, since there are sometimes
different options in different areas for the same model type. Many different
countries also use different broadcast systems, which are not compatible
with each other.

Check in to the user menu for the sound setup. See if your set is set to the
SAP mode. If it is a Sony set, there is normally a button on the remote
called MTS. Use this button to toggle through the sound modes. There should
be Main or Stereo, Mono, and SAP. If your set uses the menu only, make sure
the sound is set to Stereo, or Main. Consult your user manual for details.

If the above does not work, then there may be a fault condition in the sound
demodulator circuit area. This will require the skills of a services shop.

In some of the RCA, Thompson, GE, and Philips models, if the channel is not
programmed as part of the main channel group, the sound will be muted until
it is added.

Many of the television stations are using something called the SAP (Second
Audio Program) carrier. This is used mainly for descriptive sound, or for
translations. It is a narrow single channel for mono audio. Many of the
cable companies on many of their channels will not carry this carrier,
because of the added cost to their converters, and modulators, unless the
broadcaster wants to pay for this. This also adds to the carrier's cost,
which would be reflected back to the consumer. When this carrier is not
handled, the TV will have no sound if the SAP mode is selected, even though
the original station is broadcasting their sound on SAP.

--

JANA
_____

"~Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
I have three televisions in my house. On one of the TVs, just one, I
can't get sound on one channel, just one. Any ideas? ~Mary

FML

JANA wrote:
> This is not the proper newsgroup for Television problems.

<snip>

Since when? The beauty of this newsgroup is that there is no such thing
as "off-topic". Why, just yesterday we were discussing the merits of
using mayonnaise to remove sap stains from a car's finish.