Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dirty...

Reply
Thread Tools

Dirty...

 
 
dwacon.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go from
white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to do
to make the air cleaner.

Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
or just a waste of money?

Just ink wiring...



--
I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
http://www.dwacon.com


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
pcbutts1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
Big waste of money.

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"dwacon." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6upMe.910$_F1.651@lakeread04...
> Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go
> from white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what
> to do to make the air cleaner.
>
> Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
> high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
> or just a waste of money?
>
> Just ink wiring...
>
>
>
> --
> I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
> http://www.dwacon.com
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
philo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:36:03 -0400, dwacon. wrote:

> Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go from
> white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to do
> to make the air cleaner.
>
> Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
> high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
> or just a waste of money?
>
> Just ink wiring...



any smokers in the house????

if so...quit smoking!

 
Reply With Quote
 
Pat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-16-2005
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:36:03 -0400, "dwacon." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go from
>white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to do
>to make the air cleaner.
>
>Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
>high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
>or just a waste of money?
>
>Just ink wiring...


Change it more often, maybe once a month. If you want really clean air,
get a real electronic air cleaner. They uses high voltage to "ZAP" the
dirt (kind of like a bug zapper). I've installed a lot of them and they
work. They will not fit inside the furnace (about 6-8" thick) and
usually require some duct work modifications. It will still need
periodic cleaning. A dishwasher works well for the elements.

--
Pat
 
Reply With Quote
 
Buffalo
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005

"dwacon." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:6upMe.910$_F1.651@lakeread04...
> Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go from
> white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to do
> to make the air cleaner.
>
> Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly uses
> high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the expense
> or just a waste of money?
>
> Just ink wiring...
>
>
>
> --
> I made magic once. Now, the sofa is gone...
> http://www.dwacon.com


Have your ducts cleaned thoroughly for starters.
Don't know about the infrared light.


 
Reply With Quote
 
dwacon.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005

"philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:36:03 -0400, dwacon. wrote:
>
>> Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go
>> from
>> white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to
>> do
>> to make the air cleaner.
>>
>> Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly
>> uses
>> high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the
>> expense
>> or just a waste of money?
>>
>> Just ink wiring...

>
>
> any smokers in the house????
>
> if so...quit smoking!



No smokers. Very little cooking (once a month -- otherwise, microwave
froxen foods). I do fart a lot, however...


--
Now featuring Jennifer Lopez Lingerie
And Gourmet Foods
www.cafepress.com/dwacon


 
Reply With Quote
 
dwacon.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Change it more often, maybe once a month. If you want really clean air,
> get a real electronic air cleaner. They uses high voltage to "ZAP" the
> dirt (kind of like a bug zapper). I've installed a lot of them and they
> work. They will not fit inside the furnace (about 6-8" thick) and
> usually require some duct work modifications. It will still need
> periodic cleaning. A dishwasher works well for the elements.



Can you give some brand names?

Thanx.


--
For Lovers Only
http://tinyurl.com/8emny


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-17-2005
"dwacon." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|>
|>"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
|>
|>> Change it more often, maybe once a month. If you want really clean air,
|>> get a real electronic air cleaner. They uses high voltage to "ZAP" the
|>> dirt (kind of like a bug zapper). I've installed a lot of them and they
|>> work. They will not fit inside the furnace (about 6-8" thick) and
|>> usually require some duct work modifications. It will still need
|>> periodic cleaning. A dishwasher works well for the elements.


|>Can you give some brand names?

Basic Google
http://www.lennox.com/products/overv...p?model=HC-EAC

Very spendy, need an electrical supply, need to adapt your system for
the filter. But very efficient, just hose off the filter to clean it.

There are all types but basically just an electrified pre filter for
your ventilation system

I was going to have one installed but never got around to it.

--

http://tinypic.com/almbfr.jpg
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2005
On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:03:43 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> "dwacon." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>|>
>|>"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>|>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>|>
>|>> Change it more often, maybe once a month. If you want really clean air,
>|>> get a real electronic air cleaner. They uses high voltage to "ZAP" the
>|>> dirt (kind of like a bug zapper). I've installed a lot of them and they
>|>> work. They will not fit inside the furnace (about 6-8" thick) and
>|>> usually require some duct work modifications. It will still need
>|>> periodic cleaning. A dishwasher works well for the elements.
>
>
>|>Can you give some brand names?
>
>Basic Google
>http://www.lennox.com/products/overv...p?model=HC-EAC
>
>Very spendy, need an electrical supply, need to adapt your system for
>the filter. But very efficient, just hose off the filter to clean it.
>
>There are all types but basically just an electrified pre filter for
>your ventilation system
>
>I was going to have one installed but never got around to it.


They are expensive. It's been over 15 years since I installed one and
they were about $400 plus installation then. Probably twice that now.
All the big names in AC have them (Lennox, as mentioned, Carrier, York,
Payne, Day&Night, ect.). They are probably all pretty much the same just
branded differently.

--
Pat
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aquila Deus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2005
dwacon. wrote:
> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:36:03 -0400, dwacon. wrote:
> >
> >> Even though it says to change every 3 months, my central air filters go
> >> from
> >> white to dark gray (nearly black) after only 30 days. Wondering what to
> >> do
> >> to make the air cleaner.
> >>
> >> Saw a device at Home Depot that goes inside the intake and supposedly
> >> uses
> >> high powered infrared light to cleanse the air. Is this worth the
> >> expense
> >> or just a waste of money?
> >>
> >> Just ink wiring...

> >
> >
> > any smokers in the house????
> >
> > if so...quit smoking!

>
>
> No smokers. Very little cooking (once a month -- otherwise, microwave
> froxen foods). I do fart a lot, however...


you need to install one behind your arse!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments