Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > newsgroups

newsgroups

kevin welsh

Hi

Does anybody know how to open movie files (wmv / mpg etc) that's been posted
on a newsgroup, when I open them it just comes up as unrecognisable text.

thanks in advance

Kev

Harrison

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:00:10 GMT, "kevin welsh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Does anybody know how to open movie files (wmv / mpg etc) that's been posted
>on a newsgroup, when I open them it just comes up as unrecognisable text.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Kev

Sounds like you're not getting all of the parts, and properly decoding.
Use Forte Agent or another quality newsreader.

joevan

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Does anybody know how to open movie files (wmv / mpg etc) that's been posted
>on a newsgroup, when I open them it just comes up as unrecognisable text.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Kev

Get a newsreader that can automatically translate yenc. Outhouse
express is sort of for mail.
Agent forte is one. There are others. Google for yenc. You will learn
a bit.
Then you will have to learn how to join the movies once you can see
the parts.
Check back once you get the yenc thing taken down.

and for the same reason."

Shawn

"kevin welsh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KOiMe.8355$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Does anybody know how to open movie files (wmv / mpg etc) that's been
> posted on a newsgroup, when I open them it just comes up as unrecognisable
> text.
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Kev

likely multiparts, if using OE, hold the control key down and click all
parts and then right click and hit combine and decode