Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Kaspersky Anti Virus: I can't get rid of it!

Kaspersky Anti Virus: I can't get rid of it!

spamless_in_seattle@yahoo.com

I just tried to install the latest update for ZoneAlarm and got an
error message saying I had to uninstall Kaspersky's AntiVirus Toolkit
before the ZoneAlarm installer would proceed.

I haven't used the Kaspersky program in over a year so I went to my
Windows 98 Install/Uninstall list, clicked on AntiViral Toolkit Pro and
then clicked Add/Remove.

But I got a little error message:

Wise Uninstall

Could not open INSTALLLOG file.

I did a search for INSTALLLOG and found a lot of different files, in
the folders of different programs, but none in the AVP folder.

Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed to safely get this old AVP
installation off my system so I can install the latest ZA update?

old jon

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just tried to install the latest update for ZoneAlarm and got an
> error message saying I had to uninstall Kaspersky's AntiVirus Toolkit
> before the ZoneAlarm installer would proceed.
>

> I haven't used the Kaspersky program in over a year so I went to my
> Windows 98 Install/Uninstall list, clicked on AntiViral Toolkit Pro and
> then clicked Add/Remove.
>
> But I got a little error message:
>

> Wise Uninstall
>

> Could not open INSTALLLOG file.
>

> I did a search for INSTALLLOG and found a lot of different files, in
> the folders of different programs, but none in the AVP folder.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to proceed to safely get this old AVP
> installation off my system so I can install the latest ZA update?

You could do a reinstall, then a clean uninstall. The other solution, is to
delete the Kas.
folder, then do a Regclean, to clear out the Kas. references. HTH.
best wishes..OJ

Mellowed

I guess that I missed something. You want to uninstall Kaspersky so
you click on AntiViral to uninstall Kaspersky. Are they the same
program??

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
: I just tried to install the latest update for ZoneAlarm and got an
: error message saying I had to uninstall Kaspersky's AntiVirus Toolkit
: before the ZoneAlarm installer would proceed.
:
:
:
[...]

Hi OJ!

I tried your second suggestion, i.e., deleting the Kaspersky folder and
then running RegClean. But i still get this error message when I try
to install the lastest ZoneAlarm update:

"ZoneAlarm Anti-virus Installer Warning

"ZoneAlarm Anti-virus has detected that you have Kaspersky Antiviral
Toolkit Pro installed. There are compatibility issures between
ZoneAlarm Anti-virus and this product.

"If you want to install ZoneAlarm Anti-virus, please uninstall
Kaspersky Antiviral Toolkit Pro and restart the ZoneAlarm Anti-virus
installer.

"The install cannot continue and will exit."

When you suggested a clean install, I presume you were referring to a
clean install of Windows. That is such a nuisance, but sometimes it
seems to be the only way to get my system working right again.