Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I stop Internet Explorer from opening every time I click on a link in Eudora email?

How do I stop Internet Explorer from opening every time I click on a link in Eudora email?

John Breckenridge

I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
opens when I click on links.

When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.

I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
from automatically opening?

I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
all of those types of operations.

See there?

Toolman Tim

"John Breckenridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
> opens when I click on links.
>
> When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
>
> I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
> from automatically opening?
>
> I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
> all of those types of operations.
>
> See there?

Why don't you follow the instructions previously provided and get RID of the
winfixer problem, and get that PC updated to SP2, or stop going online
altogether. You are putting others at risk by not fixing your system.

Then worry about the little things.

pcbutts1

Read Tim's post.

"John Breckenridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
> opens when I click on links.
>
> When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
>
> I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
> from automatically opening?
>
> I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
> all of those types of operations.
>
> See there?

pcbutts1

For a better response ask your question here
http://www.afrochat.net/forums/cmps_index.php your racist bastard.

"John Breckenridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
> opens when I click on links.
>
> When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
>
> I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
> from automatically opening?
>
> I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
> all of those types of operations.
>
> See there?

pcbutts1

Check out his headers.

news:83qLe.44968$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "John Breckenridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
>> opens when I click on links.
>>
>> When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
>>
>> I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
>> from automatically opening?
>>
>> I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
>> all of those types of operations.
>>
>> See there?

> Why don't you follow the instructions previously provided and get RID of
> the winfixer problem, and get that PC updated to SP2, or stop going online
> altogether. You are putting others at risk by not fixing your system.
>
> Then worry about the little things.

Toolman Tim

OMG! <*PLONK*> (Thanks for the heads-up.)

news:5CqLe.1746$A%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Check out his headers.

> news:83qLe.44968$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "John Breckenridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
>>> opens when I click on links.
>>>
>>> When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
>>> from automatically opening?
>>>
>>> I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
>>> all of those types of operations.
>>>
>>> See there?

>> Why don't you follow the instructions previously provided and get RID of
>> the winfixer problem, and get that PC updated to SP2, or stop going
>> online altogether. You are putting others at risk by not fixing your
>> system.
>>
>> Then worry about the little things.

old jon

news:5CqLe.1746$A%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Check out his headers.

Yes. Nice innit ?. Organization: The Real Deal White Supremacist American
Patriot.
It`s idiots like this that create hate filled terrorists. Who the F*** does
he think he is.

> news:83qLe.44968$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "John Breckenridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
>>> opens when I click on links.
>>>
>>> When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
>>>
>>> I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
>>> from automatically opening?
>>>
>>> I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
>>> all of those types of operations.
>>>
>>> See there?

>> Why don't you follow the instructions previously provided and get RID of
>> the winfixer problem, and get that PC updated to SP2, or stop going
>> online altogether. You are putting others at risk by not fixing your
>> system.
>>
>> Then worry about the little things.

Shawn

"John Breckenridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
> opens when I click on links.
>
> When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
>
> I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
> from automatically opening?
>
> I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
> all of those types of operations.
>
> See there?

figure it out, you racist slob

John Breckenridge

Good day mates,

I have Windows XP Pro service pack 2 on my hard drive. Everyone says
that I need to do a clean install. I will lose to much information on
terrorists like you guys if I format my hard drive. I don't want to
bother with trying to back up stuff.

So if I can just load it over my original XP PRo and it will work OK,
I would be willing to do that.

I also bought Ad-Aware version 1.3

I ran it and it found 400 plus errors that all the others missed.

I also allowed the AdWatch program to be active for a few hours. When
I closed it out yesterday afternoon, the "Winfixer.com" mess has
mostly stopped.

It has gone from popping up ever time I open a new website to popping
up only a few time in the last 18 hours.

Now I'm getting a new one called "Inquiwre" or some mess.

I also have this "ploj.exe" varmint lurking in my task manager and I
can't get rid of it.

Peace

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 19:22:17 GMT, "Shawn" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"John Breckenridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I want to use Avant Browser, Mozilla, or FireFox as the browser that
>> opens when I click on links.
>>
>> When IE opens it always starts the "Winfixer.com" crap.
>>
>> I'm trying to stop using IE altogether. Is there a way to silence it
>> from automatically opening?
>>
>> I have FireFox set as my default browser, but IE continues to handle
>> all of those types of operations.
>>
>> See there?

>figure it out, you racist slob

harold potter

Yes it will work. I have done it.
Miss Rawlings will be impressed.

--
Please do not laff at my uice off the english langwidge.