Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > retrieving files from secretzip

retrieving files from secretzip

j.chris.a@gmail.com

hi

i used secretzip on my flashdrive. i've got some files in the \secret
folder. i'm not sure what i did but suddenly i can't view any of the
files in my flashdrive. i'm sure they're still there but how do i
view/retrieve them? thanks

Vanguard

RTFM
http://www.mycyclone.com/SecretZip_manual.pdf
page 9, or search on "password"

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> hi
>
> i used secretzip on my flashdrive. i've got some files in the \secret
> folder. i'm not sure what i did but suddenly i can't view any of the
> files in my flashdrive. i'm sure they're still there but how do i
> view/retrieve them? thanks

j.chris.a@gmail.com

sorry, tfm didn't help. the secretzip i used was the one that came with
the pretec tiny flash drive. what i did before was double-clicking on
the encrypted file in the \secret folder but message came out saying
the file type not recognised. i tried double clicking again a few more
times and clicked on eveythng on the toolbox icon then suddenly i
couldn't see any files or folders in my e: in windows explorer. it does
show that i have 25MB free space left on my 64MB so my files are still
there, i just can't access them.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

|>sorry, tfm didn't help. the secretzip i used was the one that came with
|>the pretec tiny flash drive. what i did before was double-clicking on
|>the encrypted file in the \secret folder but message came out saying
|>the file type not recognised. i tried double clicking again a few more
|>times and clicked on eveythng on the toolbox icon then suddenly i
|>couldn't see any files or folders in my e: in windows explorer. it does
|>show that i have 25MB free space left on my 64MB so my files are still
|>there, i just can't access them.

There should be an autorun file on your USB, read it in a text editor;
It will show what program it's calling on to un/encrypt your drive.

When you first plug'd in your USB device it should of asked to install
itself, Find it and Run it, you should then have access to your info.

--

Ten years of the internet http://tinyurl.com/7cjue