Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to export/import Outlook 2003 email account info

How to export/import Outlook 2003 email account info

Steve Freides

I've managed to get my inbox/folders/etc to my other computer, and my
addresses, but I can't get my five email accounts out to a file - I'd
rather not have to set them all up again.

Where is this information stored and/or how do I export it? Outlook
2003 seems to have the ability to import it, just not to export it.

TIA.

-S-

pcbutts1

Just set them up again, Lazy.

--

"Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

- (E-Mail Removed)
- (E-Mail Removed)

Steve Freides wrote:
> I've managed to get my inbox/folders/etc to my other computer, and my
> addresses, but I can't get my five email accounts out to a file - I'd
> rather not have to set them all up again.
>
> Where is this information stored and/or how do I export it? Outlook
> 2003 seems to have the ability to import it, just not to export it.
>
> TIA.
>
> -S-

Atlas Shrugged

I believe everything is stored in your *.pst file.

"Steve Freides" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've managed to get my inbox/folders/etc to my other computer, and my
> addresses, but I can't get my five email accounts out to a file - I'd
> rather not have to set them all up again.
>
> Where is this information stored and/or how do I export it? Outlook 2003
> seems to have the ability to import it, just not to export it.
>
> TIA.
>
> -S-

Steve Freides

It is not - I copied the PST file, got my messages and folders, but not my
accounts.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

"Atlas Shrugged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I believe everything is stored in your *.pst file.
>

> "Steve Freides" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've managed to get my inbox/folders/etc to my other computer, and my
>> addresses, but I can't get my five email accounts out to a file - I'd
>> rather not have to set them all up again.
>>
>> Where is this information stored and/or how do I export it? Outlook 2003
>> seems to have the ability to import it, just not to export it.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> -S-

why?

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:39:27 -0400, Steve Freides wrote:

>It is not - I copied the PST file, got my messages and folders, but not my
>accounts.

www.google.com -

http://www.totalidea.com/frameset-outsource.htm
Backup your Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2003 data and settings easily with
this Outlook add-on

Unfortunately neither Outlook 2002 nor Outlook 2003 include any option
to save and restore all your important personal files, settings,
templates, and eMail accounts. This is where OutSource-XP v2 helps you.
It creates backups of your Outlook 2002 / 2003 files, settings, and
eMail account settings. Additionally, OutSource-XP v2 can create a
backup of your Office XP and Office 2003 activation.

<snip>

>"Atlas Shrugged" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I believe everything is stored in your *.pst file.
>>

>> "Steve Freides" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've managed to get my inbox/folders/etc to my other computer, and my
>>> addresses, but I can't get my five email accounts out to a file - I'd
>>> rather not have to set them all up again.
>>>
>>> Where is this information stored and/or how do I export it? Outlook 2003
>>> seems to have the ability to import it, just not to export it.

Try regedit and search for known account info?

Create a dummy account and see what files changed?

Me

carl97 carl97 is offline
Junior Member

I have over 1500 Email accounts i want to be able to migrate (Export) Email Account Settings. Havent been able to use all of them due to the time it takes to set them all up. I am loosing a lot of contacts due to this.

Does anyone know how to migrate the file/s that contains the data of each account? Many of them are with different Providers hence the SMTP and passwords, usernames are different. Currently i manually set up about 200 everytime i have to format and thats about once every two months so as you can see its a lot of work on top of the 3 weeks to get everything back to normal.

BTW currently use Office 2007 Enterprise

Would be grateful for any help.
AKA Colinski

Last edited by carl97; 05-29-2007 at 09:27 PM..

SnowBall SnowBall is offline
Junior Member

all you need is this

http://www.backsettings.com/outlook-backup.html

6 clicks and my 35 accounts and pw's was migrated from 2002 to 2007

Wondertool