Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how is this done ? web page saved in fav with different icon ?

how is this done ? web page saved in fav with different icon ?

Blinky the Shark

> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>|>Hmmmmmm. I wonder if it further depends on OS. I don't have any stash
>|>of .ico favicons from my Opera/Linux installation.
>
> That is odd, you'd expect both/all systems to have a
> Opera\profile\images directory.

I have .opera off my home directory, but no profile sub under it.

> Do see a favicon to the left of the site name on each tab, each link
> on your personal bar and all bookmarks?

Address bar and tabs, yes. Personal Bar and bookmarks, no, since
they're not on local system.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Whiskers

On 2005-08-11, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip

>|>Hmmmmmm. I wonder if it further depends on OS. I don't have any stash
>|>of .ico favicons from my Opera/Linux installation.
>
> That is odd, you'd expect both/all systems to have a
> Opera\profile\images directory.
>
> Do see a favicon to the left of the site name on each tab, each link
> on your personal bar and all bookmarks?

The favicons on my Opera installation seem to be in ~/.opera/images/

--
-- Whiskers

Saved Mail Gone and Sent Mail Not Being Saved Gregg Firefox 6 03-06-2006 02:13 AM
wishlist? Decrufting bookmark/fav manager Splibbilla Firefox 3 11-13-2005 03:03 AM
Save fav Nowhere Computer Support 3 10-18-2005 05:44 PM
What is your fav goth band Ron Hunter Digital Photography 36 07-04-2004 11:20 AM
Fav 3 Websites? newsoid Computer Support 7 10-17-2003 08:42 PM

Advertisments