Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Delete GRUB loader and use boot.ini

Delete GRUB loader and use boot.ini

Use.Netuser.ntl

Hi All

I had C: XP Pro & E: SuSe 8.1 I used Drive Image to restore C: XP Pro and
reformatted E:
When Laptop boots it's till looking for the GRUB Loader! Doh!
How do I get around this to boot XP Pro without having to clean instal?

Thanks

Use.Netuser.ntl

"Use.Netuser.ntl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
> I had C: XP Pro & E: SuSe 8.1 I used Drive Image to restore C: XP Pro and
> reformatted E:
> When Laptop boots it's till looking for the GRUB Loader! Doh!
> How do I get around this to boot XP Pro without having to clean instal?

Ok, I used a 98SE boot disk to run fdisk /mbr and XP loaded!
Guess that's all that's needed.

why?

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:20:03 GMT, Use.Netuser.ntl wrote:

>"Use.Netuser.ntl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ...
>> I had C: XP Pro & E: SuSe 8.1 I used Drive Image to restore C: XP Pro and
>> reformatted E:
>> When Laptop boots it's till looking for the GRUB Loader! Doh!
>> How do I get around this to boot XP Pro without having to clean instal?

>Ok, I used a 98SE boot disk to run fdisk /mbr and XP loaded!
>Guess that's all that's needed.

That's the one.

There is also a MS KB article
How to Remove Linux and Install Windows XP

www.google.com and past posts in 24HSHD ,

15 results for remove grub

Me